Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Touring in Northern Thailand  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Mick Jackson

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2013 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Chiang Mai
Touring in Northern Thailand
« on: Apr 10, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Hello again from Chiang Mai, this is a tour I did not long after buying the Phantom, my first real bike. The trip went from Chiang Mai to Nan then to Pua and the magnificent Doi Pukka Loop which being a loop brought us back to Pua. On day 4 we rode up to Chiang Khong on the Mekong River where we spent another night before following the Mekong to Chiang Saen then on to Mae Sai on the Burmese border. Next day was through the mountainous border area and Mae Salong where many of the remnants of the Khun Min Tang army that fought Mao Tse Tung sought refuge, and were given land by the Thai King. We spent the night in Fang at a hotel owned by the local Lahu (Hill-tribe) people and next day rode a leisurely 200 ks back to Chiang Mai. Incidentally, most of the places are old Lanna towns with remains of the city walls temples and moats still scattered about. Chiang Mai (means New City) was the last Lanna capitol it became part of Thailand in the early 20th century. The people are known for their friendliness courtesy and beauty. They are why I choose to live here :-)
http://youtu.be/_Kxex5JPiNQ 

Offline stevemersey

• Versys Mega God
Re: Touring in Northern Thailand
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Very entertaining and enjoyable. :37: