Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: best motorcycle road from Gibraltar to Barcelona....  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Purificator81

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: versys 2008
  • City / Town: Rabat
best motorcycle road from Gibraltar to Barcelona....
« on: Apr 22, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Guys,

I'm getting ready for a 37 days trip in europe...I would start from Gibraltar up to Munich....the only part of the itinerary that I coudln;t figure out is the way from Gibraltar to Barcelona (of course avoiding highway and tolls)...any idea? I have already tried viamichelin.com but wanted your views...

Thanks!!! :biker1:

Offline Ming

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2009 Mk1 V
  • City / Town: Devon
Re: best motorcycle road from Gibraltar to Barcelona....
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Having lived and ridden there for 4 years I would advise going north from Gib to the left of Madrid, then once past it go NE to Barca. Pretty much any main road is going to be a belter. Going along the coast to the south is congested. Best head inland as soon as poss as the traffic is less dense and roads more flowing. The main road from near Marbella up to Ronda is on most people's fav lists. Very nice but can get busy with trucks. There are better, less populated ones but you'll hate yourself if you miss this one and someone asks you why you didn't ride it...... :006: