Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bike Safe  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Pathfinder1

• Non-Active
  • Versys Pro
  • 2014 Kawasaki Versys 1000
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2014
Bike Safe
« on: Jun 05, 2014, 05:03 PM »
I have booked a day's Bike Safe riding course with the Metropolitan Police in July.

Hope the weather will be good.

Lots of positive and good reports back from people who have done the course.

Many saying that the instructor kept telling their small group to keep up with them on the ride out's !!!
2014 Kawasaki Versys 1000

Offline coopesh56

• Versys Member
Re: Bike Safe
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Not done the bike safe one. But some something very similar just with normal instructors rather than the police, did it back in May.

Through the assessment we were riding 60-70mph but that was mainly because I wanted to get a grade A 😜... After the ride though on the way back the instructor Led and I couldn't keep up with him for the life of me, ultra smooth too didn't see the guy use his brake once going into the corners, but I suppose to an extent it's to be expected since he does ride about 30000 miles a year!

Offline Pathfinder1

• Non-Active
  • Versys Pro
  • 2014 Kawasaki Versys 1000
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2014
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Nice !

For anyone else interested in pls visit www.bikesafe.co.uk
2014 Kawasaki Versys 1000

Offline Zebedee

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Norwich
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2014, 06:05 PM »
A must do :)
Time is a drug, to much of it will kill you!!!!!!!

Zebedee

Offline Uncle Ricky

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: TAUNTON
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2014, 12:56 PM »
I took my IAM bike test last month, well worth it. My examiner was the motorcycle police instructor for Avon and Somerset police force, no pressure then and yes l did pass. Have a look at the IAM web site to find a local group.

Now training up to be an observer for the IAM.
Light travels faster than sound....that's why some people look bright until you hear them speak !

http://www.youtube.com/user/MRUNCLERICKY777

Offline anthony1664

• Versys God
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: On Here
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Me and the Mrs are booked on a bike safe on 29th June in North Wales, hopefully should be fun and we will learn some stuff
My real names Dave

Offline Dr.Gonzo

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Sevenoaks
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2014, 12:14 PM »
I took my IAM bike test last month, well worth it. My examiner was the motorcycle police instructor for Avon and Somerset police force, no pressure then and yes l did pass. Have a look at the IAM web site to find a local group.

I'm currently working towards taking my IAM test, and after five observed rides my riding style has completely changed. I'm now much faster, smoother and a lot more confident.  Thoroughly recommend it.

Offline Uncle Ricky

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: TAUNTON
« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2014, 09:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo [+]

I'm currently working towards taking my IAM test, and after five observed rides my riding style has completely changed. I'm now much faster, smoother and a lot more confident.  Thoroughly recommend it.

Quicker and safer, by reading the road alot further ahead
Light travels faster than sound....that's why some people look bright until you hear them speak !

http://www.youtube.com/user/MRUNCLERICKY777

Offline Kryton

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Brighton
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2015, 11:00 AM »
Bikesafe is excellent, did a course last summer with the Sussex Police, good fun, tidied up my cornering as i'd gotten lazy. Well worth it if you ask me.

Offline FoxysVers

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2015, 07:21 PM »
I did my Bikesafe in North Wales too. Porthmadog if I remember rightly. My instructor was a paramedic and part time racer. Was a great day and I'd recommend it to anyone. It did p**s it down for the entire two days though !!!
Iíve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.