Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Ride Guide to Europe (2014/15)  (Read 2050 times)

Offline EasyTiger

• Versys God
  • City / Town: Bristol
Ride Guide to Europe (2014/15)
« on: Nov 03, 2014, 09:15 AM »
The Ride Guide to Europe is out now. 131 pages of routes - including low cost short breaks, the perfect French tour, epic mountain passes, planning packing and more. The routes are downloadable as sat nav files.
Light on Portugal, but 40 pages of the "Ultimate Guide to touring Spain". 
Good value IMHO at 5.99

On another forum, a poster on Saturday (1 Nov) wrote , "We are in Spain at the moment and camping, but with the car and many of the sites are shut as it's winter. Well it's 25 degrees, hasn't rained for the 4 weeks we have been here, but they call it winter. They've stopped selling ice cream and the locals are wearing jumpers. The Picos de Europa mountains are stunning, and the roads all seem to be in good condition and empty of traffic."
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 09:22 AM by EasyTiger »
Happy Memories of a Moondust Grey '09 Versys Tourer.
If you ever start taking life too seriously, remember you are a talking ape orbiting the galaxy at 446,400 MPH on a deteriorating organic spaceship.

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
Re: Ride Guide to Europe (2014/15)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2014, 09:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by EasyTiger [+]
The Ride Guide to Europe is out now. 131 pages of routes - including low cost short breaks, the perfect French tour, epic mountain passes, planning  Well it's 25 degrees, hasn't rained for the 4 weeks we have been here, but they call it winter. They've stopped selling ice cream and the locals are wearing jumpers. The Picos de Europa mountains are stunning, and the roads all seem to be in good condition and empty of traffic." [/i]

That's Spain for you.

On my one biking tour of Portugal I found it not in the same league as Spain, I couldn't get back across the border into Spain fast enough.
The main negative is it's crowded and roads are BUSY. You get across that border into the extreme (empty) west of Spain and you are on a different planet.

Ted.

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2014, 12:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by EasyTiger [+]
The Ride Guide to Europe is out now. 131 pages of routes - including low cost short breaks, the perfect French tour, epic mountain passes, planning packing and more. The routes are downloadable as sat nav files.
Light on Portugal, but 40 pages of the "Ultimate Guide to touring Spain". 
Good value IMHO at 5.99

All the GPX routes are available on this RIDE web link  :028: :028:

www.ride.co.uk/Europe/download-routes/

Richard  :001:
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 12:02 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

Offline EasyTiger

• Versys God
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Thanks Richard - just seeing the cover makes me want to go!
Happy Memories of a Moondust Grey '09 Versys Tourer.
If you ever start taking life too seriously, remember you are a talking ape orbiting the galaxy at 446,400 MPH on a deteriorating organic spaceship.