Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Your route to Moffat  (Read 8857 times)

Offline Blue

• Versys God
  • Then V MK2 11 / Now /MG V7 Stone II
Re: Your route to Moffat
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2016, 05:57 PM »
M40 then M6 - follow that til it says M74 Scotland and look for Moffat.....or something. Might take a detour through the Lake district on the way.
“Be as you wish to seem.”

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Thats my plan too, except for the M40 bit.

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2016, 06:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

"I hereby state that allcolours fantastic to have on your motorcycle.
Each is equally as nice as all other available colours and each is a perfectly valid and reasonable choice and I applaud all selections!!" :027:

So when my RED one leaves your yellow one in it's dust you will embrace the green that it will inevitably become? :187:

Rob.

Should such an occasion come to pass I will attribute it to your superior experience and skill and congratulate you as such.

Online uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2016, 07:14 PM »

F*ck me :5:  Batter it on a little thicker, why don't you? You' re the one who does the track days, tilts the horizons, whereas the best I can do is tilt at the odd windmill as I wobble toward the horizon, hoping the hell my training wheels don' t touch down should I inadvertently come upon a corner.
No,  it' s all about the bikes and, specifically, what lies immediately below the clear coat. When it comes to the manly skills of control with finesse I have it on good authority from she who knows that you are the master  :020: :020:, I a mere groper in the dark ..... so to speak :whistle:.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2016, 07:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
Should such an occasion come to pass I will attribute it to your superior experience and skill and congratulate you as such.
Stewie

I we all know, as Rob will never get to a NVM  :006: - you are well safe there  :028:

:notsure:
Richard    :001:           

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Booked 2 nights at Hartfell house guest house, anyone else staying there. :question:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • Lovin' it.
  • Bike: V1K Mk1 -GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2016, 10:35 PM »
My trip to Moffat is now booked and loaded -with one or two variations to the route still to be sorted - but basically:-
15th May-Leave home to arrive in Crianlarich for overnight B&B (I'm no Iron-butt contestant).
16th is a meandering sightseeing trip to Strathcarron, with maybe a trip to Applecross before arriving at B&B.
17th is a gentle trip via Gairloch and Poolewe to Ullapool with lots of stops and sight seeing on the way.
18th is a trip up the westcoast via Kylesku and all points west to Durness and then to Lairg for the night.
19th is a jaunt via a distillery or two to Grantown-on-Spey.(even better if we park up and get a taxi to the distilleries!!).Still not decided exactly as we are not sure which ones will allow visits and do tours.
20th is the trip to Moffat for a certain event taking place.

This route is being done with my mate on his ZZR 1400

Hopefully, Richard the Guru will remind me of the best route from Glasgow to Crianlarich, which he sent to me some time ago but my filing system has failed again to disclose where I put it into storage.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline vulcanmaster

• Versys Master
  • aka ewe fka the Master Bater
  • Bike: Bike of Prey
  • City / Town: Wuerzburg
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2016, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Dave :031:

nice Trip  :152: if you pass Stirling i can recommend you Doune Castle  http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/propertyresults/propertyoverview.htm?PropID=PL_092

It is a nice and small Castle with a big Movie history. The audio tour of the castle is narrated by Monty Python’s Terry Jones. I have done it twice, it is ver funny ( not only for Monty Python Fans  :whistle: )

Cheers Uwe
No Kawa, no fun
resistance is futile

"Get to da chopper"

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2016, 09:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Blue [+]
M40 then M6 - follow that til it says M74 Scotland and look for Moffat.....or something. Might take a detour through the Lake district on the way.
It would be sacrilege to just stay on motorways.  From Lancaster to Moffat there are lots of fantastic biking roads with fabulous  scenery.       You could always join us, leaving from Kirkby Lonsdale on a B road spectacular that is a motorcycling delight. :152:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • Lovin' it.
  • Bike: V1K Mk1 -GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2016, 09:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
It would be sacrilege to just stay on motorways.  From Lancaster to Moffat there are lots of fantastic biking roads with fabulous  scenery.       You could always join us, leaving from Kirkby Lonsdale on a B road spectacular that is a motorcycling delight. :152:

Blue,

Geoff knows his roads around that area and is an excellent tour guide - well worth taking up his offer.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.