Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: S W Motech Centre Stand  (Read 8416 times)

Offline wicklamulla

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Devon
Re: S W Motech Centre Stand
« Reply #40 on: Apr 22, 2019, 12:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Adriank763 [+]
I'll stand by my original post about the SW Motech centre stand. No problems on my run from Thirsk to Squires this morning with a chain much slacker than I would normally like. The gear change was rubbish. The sidestand does sit close to the mainstand and you have to use both as a pair, a small sacrifice for the benefits of having both.

Hi Adrian,  i was wondering if you still have the Versys and are you still happy with the centre stand?  My Wife has a 57 plate 650 ABS and she wants a centre stand and some crash bars.  I have fitted a lowering block to the rear shock though so that may cause issues but i'm not certain.   Regards, Ken

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Versys Pro
« Reply #41 on: Apr 22, 2019, 02:32 PM »
This topic is 3 years old (2016) and Adrian has not been on the forum since then, consequently he's unlikely to see your post  :031:

Offline wicklamulla

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Devon
« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2019, 12:45 AM »
Thanks Admin,  my search goes on....!    :028:

Offline f800st

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 Tour
  • City / Town: Selby
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08 PM »
Iíve just fitted a Constand to my 2019 650 and it fitted beautifully, really well made £128 off e bay and yes the sidestand has to be down to use it. Highly Recommended.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Online STOKIE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2009 versys 650
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2019, 07:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by f800st [+]
Iíve just fitted a Constand to my 2019 650 and it fitted beautifully, really well made £128 off e bay and yes the sidestand has to be down to use it. Highly Recommended.
Hi Iím thinking of getting one of these for my 09 plate, glad to hear itís well made and fitted well. I have a couple of questions for you if you donít mind. How is it for clearance with the chain and have you still got plenty of clearance before it hits the ground when cornering. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks Les.

Offline f800st

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 Tour
  • City / Town: Selby
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 12:08 PM »
Hi Les, there is still loads of clearance around the chain and the lean angle remains unaltered as far as my riding goes. Hope this helps you with your decision. Incidentally try looking on www.motea.com it may be cheaper. Good hunting. Cheers Roger
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!