Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.



Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: walsall  (Read 1853 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Flying v2

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 97
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
  • Country: gb
Re: walsall
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2019, 06:43 PM »
No to pretty in Walsall these days which is very sad but there are many towns that have suffered the same fates.
Still the best place in the world to buy a saddle but for a horse not a versys.
My first bike a 1977 DT 100 came from a shop in Walsall called the crankcase and we had motorcycle Mart for Honda and Suzuki along with a short lived Kawasaki and bmw shop apx 1980.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019, 06:44 PM by Flying v2 »
I'm going out on my bike.

Online kevin..in

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2514
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: walsall
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2019, 07:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flying v2 [+]
No to pretty in Walsall these days which is very sad but there are many towns that have suffered the same fates.
Still the best place in the world to buy a saddle but for a horse not a versys.
My first bike a 1977 DT 100 came from a shop in Walsall called the crankcase and we had motorcycle Mart for Honda and Suzuki along with a short lived Kawasaki and bmw shop apx 1980.
First "proper" bike that I rode was .y mates 78 dt100 AFA 21S we were 14/15 and rode it everywhere even to school!
I'd love to get one now but are sooooo rare 7 listed as currently on the road.
Missed out on one last week on eBay

Offline Flying v2

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 97
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
  • Country: gb
Re: walsall
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
First "proper" bike that I rode was .y mates 78 dt100 AFA 21S we were 14/15 and rode it everywhere even to school!
I'd love to get one now but are sooooo rare 7 listed as currently on the road.
Missed out on one last week on eBay
I would struggle to recall the reg numbers of my current bikes,  but my DT 100 was NVP 845R
I'm going out on my bike.

Online kevin..in

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2514
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: walsall
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2019, 01:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Flying v2 [+]
I would struggle to recall the reg numbers of my current bikes,  but my DT 100 was NVP 845R
Helps if you're on the autistic spectrum I have any amount of pointless stuff logged in my brain

Online kevin..in

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2514
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: walsall
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:19 AM »
NVP 845R has not been taxed since September 86 so we can assume it's long gone

Offline uralrob

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 9714
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
  • Country: ca
Re: walsall
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2019, 01:12 PM »


 .... and one of my current passwords is the number plate of a late '50s Minor 1000, dark green  :015: .

 Sad  :124: .

 Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Flying v2

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 97
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
  • Country: gb
Re: walsall
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2019, 05:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
NVP 845R has not been taxed since September 86 so we can assume it's long gone
Thanks for checking that out,  I suppose I hoped to see her again one day,  to think this quality piece of Japanese 2 stroke engineering only lasted about 9 years is very sad.
But it did well to survive a couple of years with me as a 17 year old I had very little mechanical sympathy, no one told me that it was important to warm a bike up before pulling away that would have been a start.
Funny after all these years I still own very bikes not much different to my DT 100 but with better lights and brakes.
I'm going out on my bike.

Online kevin..in

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2514
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: walsall
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Flying v2 [+]
Thanks for checking that out,  I suppose I hoped to see her again one day,  to think this quality piece of Japanese 2 stroke engineering only lasted about 9 years is very sad.
But it did well to survive a couple of years with me as a 17 year old I had very little mechanical sympathy, no one told me that it was important to warm a bike up before pulling away that would have been a start.
Funny after all these years I still own very bikes not much different to my DT 100 but with better lights and brakes.
It sadly is the way with trail bikes, at a cost of around £450 new it wouldn't have been long before it's value was just over pocket money for a teenager so they mostly ended up as off road toys on wasteland and farms. in that environment the end was inevitable. which is why we're only looking at a handful of DT100s still showing as road registered. My own first bike a DT175MX only lasted 6 years until it was never taxed again. I'm seriously kicking myself for dithering over that 1980 DT100 last week, I may never get a chance again.  :157:

Online kevin..in

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2514
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: walsall
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
It sadly is the way with trail bikes, at a cost of around £450 new it wouldn't have been long before it's value was just over pocket money for a teenager so they mostly ended up as off road toys on wasteland and farms. in that environment the end was inevitable. which is why we're only looking at a handful of DT100s still showing as road registered. My own first bike a DT175MX only lasted 6 years until it was never taxed again. I'm seriously kicking myself for dithering over that 1980 DT100 last week, I may never get a chance again.  :157:
I remember my mate selling his DT100 to a mates brother for around £150 when it was les than 3 years old and as we were 17 by then we both had brand new DT175MXs.

Offline Dilbert

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 9350
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
  • Country: gb
Re: walsall
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2019, 12:54 PM »
I used to ride my Versys to Wolverhampton, via J10 - Black Country Road, so it was probably me, although that would have been in 2011, so maybe not  :008:
Just passin' through