Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Food, Beer and Evening Entertainment  (Read 3838 times)

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
Re: Food, Beer and Evening Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 11:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by anthony1664 [+]
I can't believe it!!!! What are we meant to do with ourselves after 11pm if there is no nightclub!!!!
I think that The Coachman Bar is open until 01:00  :notsure:

Coachman Bar / Nightlife
Coachman Bar

The Coachman Bar is regarded as the main watering hole/Public Bar in the town which can be a little bit schizophrenic. On the average week day the pub offers the perfect place to settle back and sip on a quiet pint while enjoying the amenities surrounded by impressive wall to wall murals of times gone by. The pub transforms into the local hotspot with live music provided every Saturday night and Karaoke the odd Friday night, which can be quite a contrast but perfect for those wanting to let their hair down a bit.

Amenities include:

Wide Range of Alcohol and Soft Drinks
Pub Grub (until 7pm) & Beer Garden
Sky Sports & BT Sports
Pool Table & Darts Boards
Jukebox & Games Machines
Free WiFi
Wheel Chair Access

For up to date entertainment announcements you can follow the Coachman Bar on their Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/TheCoachmanBar/

Richard   :028: :001:

PS I might have to warn them that you lot are coming to try and drink them dry   :notsure:   :031:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:59 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 03:30 PM »
Thanks Richard. I'm getting exited now :celebrate: :celebrate:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline anthony1664

• Versys God
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: On Here
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 09:54 PM »
Food. Till 7pm is an early cutoff...... That kebab shops looking more likely !!!
My real names Dave

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 11:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by anthony1664 [+]
Food. Till 7pm is an early cutoff...... That kebab shops looking more likely !!!
Other pubs / food outlets are available HERE  :028: :028:

Offline anthony1664

• Versys God
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: On Here
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 12:41 AM »
Cheers........Carole's Milk Bar It is then :D
My real names Dave

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 04:18 PM »
All

Over the w/e I have been in touch with The Buccleuch Arms Hotel – who also runs The Coachman Inn, and they have very kindly offered the following events / facilities that we may or may not want to take advantage of:  :027:

COACHMAN:
Food - Their menu is available from opening times until 7pm every night (Early stop due to the shared kitchen and access to the dumb waiter through the main restaurant in the Bucc)
The menu can be seen on their Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/TheCoachmanBar/info?tab=page_info

Friday - FREE Jukebox (sponsored by them for our group) from 5pm - Closing time at Midnight.

Saturday – They  have managed to organise (for our group) a 1 lady tribute act (Barbarella) from 10pm - Closing time at 1am ..... free and open to general public in addition to our group (Venue limited to 120 capacity).

BUCCLEUCH:
Food – Their menus can be found on our website: http://www.buccleucharmshotel.com/eat-drink/menus/
Friday - Their restaurant is very popular, booking in advance is definitely recommended.
HOWEVER, on Saturday - With the number of other events also taking place in the hotel, they have had to stop taking bookings and have reserved all evening dining tables for their booked in Guests and residents only, assuming they may be eating with them.

Friday - Jazz in their function room - Quatro Macjazz ( www.quattromacjazz.com ) - 7.30pm for an 8.00pm start –
They have organised a discount on tickets for our “Versys Group”, down to normal Jass Club members rates of £8 each ( however tickets are limited).
They will be on a first come first serve basis and will be available from the Friday.

Over and above all that they have offered the following:

SECURE MOTORCYLE PARKING
If any of our group wish to park up more securely the Buccleuch Arms have offere us the use of the secure/locked area in the back garden of the Hotel with garages/courtyard and ample parking space ( www.buccleucharmshotel.com/biker-friendly/ ). So there is no need for any bike to be parked in the street, regardless of where any of us are staying.  :38:
However it may be a squash if lots of us take advantage of this - but that according to them this is fine.  :whistle:

To take advantage of the above venues / facilities / options, please quote "Versys Group"

Richard  :001:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:31 PM by TowerMan »

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 04:22 PM »

Also see this link, to view the pdf document for the What's on Guide for Moffat & District 2016  :028: :028:

Richard  :001:

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2010 KLE 650 CAF
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 04:27 PM »
There's a major typo in that document because NVM-16 isn't even mentioned.
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Lycra lout
  • Bike: V650 Mk3 Green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 06:06 PM »
A 1 lady tribute band  :152:  Barbarella - that brings back memories of what my mum called 'a right dirty film'  - not that my mum was much of a film critic mind. Yeeha :031:

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Baberella sounds good but I'll be gone home  :9:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2