Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: NVM chit chat  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
NVM chit chat
« on: Apr 26, 2016, 07:38 PM »
Work is being kind to me and I now have a window so I will be able to get away.

Checked with the Mrs and she has said "yes" and "no problem" to the questions "can I go" and "are you sure"
So she probably means I don't want you to go and you will be paying for this later :008:

I had booked camping but I dont think I can be bothered with the hassle of taking my stuff with me so I have booked into The Famous Star Hotel in Moffat, just across the road from the evening piss up meeting point.
I have PM'd 100miles about riding up with him, if he has changed his plans then it will be a straight shot up the M6-M74.

I will probably be bringing the Fazer otherwise I will have to Tax and service the V.
That being said I will need to sort out the clutch because I need to change the springs and sort out the clutch cable on the Fazer because it is a night mare at the moment after I "fixed it". If I cannot be bothered with that then it will be the V, it is good to have choices!!

Who else has their plans together?

Offline flying v

• Versys Master
  • Bike: triple traitor
  • City / Town: hednesford
Re: NVM chit chat
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2016, 08:22 PM »
The star hotel is long and narrow maybe 3.6 meters / 12'.
I have used Moffat as a touring base for over 10 years and it is hard to go wrong (maybe avoid the pizza shop unless desperate).
A motorcyclist needs tend to be simple...  parking / bed / shower / breakfast and maybe a beer* you cannot go wrong in moffat.
I am of course describing life in a hotel/ b&b....  what people do who camp is a bit of a mystery eating roadkill or berries / washing in streams/ pooing in woods....
* if you like a beer/vino or whiskey ....  this is important drink drive limit in scotland is different to england/wales make  sure you are fit to ride in the morning
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2016, 08:26 PM by flying v »

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Booked into the Seamore House B & B and aim to travel there via Alston where I will probably stop for lunch on the Friday. Really looking forward to it but hope the weather improves as I do not fancy the trip in the snow that we had today  :43:
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Onslowe [+]
Booked into the Seamore House B & B and aim to travel there via Alston where I will probably stop for lunch on the Friday. Really looking forward to it but hope the weather improves as I do not fancy the trip in the snow that we had today  :43:
Agreed, I was out walking today in Wenslydale and it was appalling, high winds, sleet, snow and hailstones :43:   :125:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Doing summat like this on friday, get into moffat early , few beersearly doors cos dd laws

https://goo.gl/maps/diGHUNR3fZu
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Quote.from Steve.
Ted,
that I think was summer 2008. I got the bike in May, and that might have been June.

Neilo led us down to Portmadoc where I left to see friends. The following year I think it was the lakes.>>>

Reply here then, sorry Richard.
I got my V in July 2008. I went on a ride led by Neilo on his big sports bike not the V, but I can't remember the date. I think I must have missed that ride. I can't remember seeing Melfi. (VERY Sorry Melfi if I did meet you)

Ted.

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Riding up to our kid in Scunthorpe on Thursday night, kipping over then off early doors to cross the Yorkshire Dales via Tan Hill and then off into Cumbria to do the Hardknott pass, before a quick rip up to Moffat.

So if anyone fancies using Friday to do something more interesting than the M6, feel free to meet up. PM me for mobile number so we can organise, but will probably set off from Scunthorpe about 0830, so probably best to meet on the M18 or A1 somewhere.

Booked in at the Buccleuch Arms in Moffat for Friday and Saturday night. It's on the high st so shouldn't be too far from the meet up.

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 07:28 PM »
Clunkboy, the last part of your route looks good and I will probably go that way from Alston if weather is OK. Early doors on the Ale is also a good shout  :031: as long as we remember to stop short of last orders  :lostit:
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Gonna be a busy few days

Friday hooning up the back roads to Moffat
Fri night beers and jollyness
Sat Morn pootle around TM route
Sat afternoon fast blast home
Sat night best mates party= messy
Sun morn train to London see big bro who is in hospital
Sun night home on train
Mon Morn Birmingham
Mon afternoon Newbury
Mon Night home
Tues= not feckin going anywhere  :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit:

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 05:38 AM »
It's a good job you are young and fit Clunky. :031:

Ted.