Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Home Safe  (Read 4496 times)

Offline stevemersey

• Versys Mega God
Re: Home Safe
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Mike,
ET posted a few days ago. He has had two big productions come along at the same time, and after a lean patch has been working very hard. I think they are near complete and I am sure he will be back.

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Andy(Explorer) and myself go home safely. Detoured to Dumfries. Excellent dry ride home. Tent airing and bike washed. Now watching Moto GP.  :028:

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Home safe and sound......Thanks to Towerman for leading the ride outs and arranging the weekend, it was brilliant  :020: . Although there was a fair amount of wind and rain it certainly didn't spoil the day, maybe it did us a favour and kept the roads a bit quieter so we could let rip. The road back from the reservoir was an absolute blast, ideal for the 650 and one of the best roads I have ridden. Thoroughly enjoyed the night time chat and banter, great to put more faces to names though I will have forgotten them by next year when I see you again in.....The Yorkshire Dales ??  :whistle:
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline EasyTiger

• Versys God
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 01:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by stevemersey [+]
Mike,
ET posted a few days ago. He has had two big productions come along at the same time, and after a lean patch has been working very hard. I think they are near complete and I am sure he will be back.

Yes - I am still alive, just! As Steve said I went from freelance famine to force feeding, working on two shows within five months, each of which would have taken six to eight months alone. I am still on the second (for National Geographic TV) until the end of the month. After burning the candle at both ends and in the middle, I've supersized myself, my body clock is haywire, but I will soon have a bank balance.

The first show was delivered on Wednesday, passed technical review Friday and went out on Channel 4 last night.
The modestly-titled "Jutland: WWI's Greatest Sea Battle" is now available on Catch Up.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jutland-wwis-greatest-sea-battle/on-demand/64216-001

My NC - ready to go touring with all the bits and mods - has sat unused all this year except for a trip to put air in the tyres...Jan got so bored she went to Carcassonne last week for six days' cycling in the Low Pyrenees. She kept me abreast of her time trial results...
After I have slept for a week, it will be time to sell the bike...Sorry I missed the Meet - it's always good to see you all and catch up. The previous Scottish foray was a great jumping-off point for a dash to Skye, a memorable couple of days at Achiltibuie (great breakfasts at the Piping School), and some of the roads in the NorthWest Ted99 has always raved about...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:59 PM by EasyTiger »
Happy Memories of a Moondust Grey '09 Versys Tourer.
If you ever start taking life too seriously, remember you are a talking ape orbiting the galaxy at 446,400 MPH on a deteriorating organic spaceship.

Online uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 01:59 PM »

"After I have slept for a week, it will be time to sell the bike..."

I hope you jest ...... you have a bank balance now  :211:.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Russ d

• Versys Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Back home after a longish blast down the motorway.
Another excellent weekend, thanks Towerman for his organisational skills :123A:
Hope to see you all again next year. :031:

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Back home safe and well but soaked to the skin after a rainfall of biblical proportions on the M56 motorway - 20 miles from home and nowhere safe to stop on the motorway.

Fantastic weekend - well organised by Richard.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline flying v

• Versys Master
  • Bike: triple traitor
  • City / Town: hednesford
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 03:23 PM »
Flying V home safe brilliant people,  fantastic place, and after 670 miles I know I have a truely great  motorcycle.
Thanks to everyone who made this weekend wonderful and I look forward to our next one.

Offline Dave1962

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Z1000sx
  • City / Town: Wolves
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 03:28 PM »
Home safe but wet, great weekend.

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Bike bereft
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Back home too.
I got caught up in two pretty big rain showers but dried nicely in the sun after.