Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Boosterplug  (Read 37605 times)

Offline Snecer

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650-2011
  • City / Town: Metropola
Re: Boosterplug
« Reply #210 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:30 PM »
As I understand it works in both situation, in open (USA ECU) or closed loop (Lambda O2)

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-24.html

Boosterplug in both cases fakes Air intake temp. sensor

Offline quexpress

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #211 on: Nov 30, 2017, 02:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Snecer [+]
As I understand it works in both situation, in open (USA ECU) or closed loop (Lambda O2)

Gen 3 (2005-2018) in USA/Canada are closed loop.
I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

Offline Snecer

• Versys Pro
« Reply #212 on: Nov 30, 2017, 03:03 PM »
I know, have mk2 cbf.

Offline bgp

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Zagreb
« Reply #213 on: Nov 30, 2017, 03:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Snecer [+]

Yes. But, we don't really want it to fake it when throttle has no movement.
Bikes: Original 2007 Versys and 2003 ZRX1200S

Offline Snecer

• Versys Pro
« Reply #214 on: Nov 30, 2017, 03:45 PM »
More explain?

Offline bgp

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Zagreb
« Reply #215 on: Nov 30, 2017, 04:00 PM »
This is from:

In conditions where you maintain constant RPM and throttle opening while cruising on the open roads, the feedback from the lambda sensor will adjust the mixture back to the original level, and our small tuning device will sit idle and wait for something to happen. This is fine you don't need the richer mixture at level speed.

Also:
On Open Loop bikes you will add 6% of fuel to the entire fuel map (6% is just the example from above - it can be something else with another resistor). This means that if your current fuel consumption is 5.0 liters per 100 km, it will be raised to 5.3 liters. A small fee to pay for an improvement you will enjoy every minute on your ride.

To correct myself, it is applicable even on open loop bikes, but booster-plug fakes air intake temperature all the time.
Bikes: Original 2007 Versys and 2003 ZRX1200S

Offline mileee

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #216 on: Jan 02, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Hi, so can u guys confirm now its almost 1+ year since u installed boosterplug, it still does it job ok?
And what about fuel consumption has it gone up like it should be?

Tnx

Offline johnboy51

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Rugby
« Reply #217 on: Jan 02, 2019, 06:15 PM »
Hi Milee,

Thanks for the prompt, you are right it has been a while since this topic was last updated.

I eventually purchased an Accelerator Module from Marc at www.sol2.be for my 2016 mk3 650.

It was substantially cheaper (58) than the Boosterplug but on the other hand Marc is not quick, rarely communicates and doesn't send any instructions. This isn't his main occupation I believe. However he did eventually email me with a price and the module arrived within a week or so and if you look at Youtube you can find instructions on how to fit the Boosterplug which is very similar.  Fitting was relatively simple.

The module was  fitted in early May 2018 and I have covered over 3000 miles since and can say that the module does what I hoped and has improved throttle response at lower engine speeds which makes stop start driving around town much easier and far more pleasant. Fuel consumption hasn't been noticeably affected and is still averaging 70 mpg (although this is mostly slower non motorway speeds).

Marcs website explains what his modules do, although he doesn't show Kawasaki Versys as models he covers. Some memebers on here have not had a good experience, but apart from the above reservations I did not have a problem.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards John

Offline mileee

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #218 on: Jan 02, 2019, 06:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by johnboy51 [+]
Hi Milee,

Thanks for the prompt, you are right it has been a while since this topic was last updated.

I eventually purchased an Accelerator Module from Marc at www.sol2.be for my 2016 mk3 650.

It was substantially cheaper (58) than the Boosterplug but on the other hand Marc is not quick, rarely communicates and doesn't send any instructions. This isn't his main occupation I believe. However he did eventually email me with a price and the module arrived within a week or so and if you look at Youtube you can find instructions on how to fit the Boosterplug which is very similar.  Fitting was relatively simple.

The module was  fitted in early May 2018 and I have covered over 3000 miles since and can say that the module does what I hoped and has improved throttle response at lower engine speeds which makes stop start driving around town much easier and far more pleasant. Fuel consumption hasn't been noticeably affected and is still averaging 70 mpg (although this is mostly slower non motorway speeds).

Marcs website explains what his modules do, although he doesn't show Kawasaki Versys as models he covers. Some memebers on here have not had a good experience, but apart from the above reservations I did not have a problem.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards John

Hello John,

Yes i saw hes website, and read that some of our members had little problems.
I know its big difference in price, but i would stick to BP.

Main thing that i want to solve is, and i would not call it a problem is that jerkiness when u are for example on 4th gear and in low rpms.
I know it can never be like 4 cylinder machine, with which u can go in 6th gear and drive at 2000-3000rpm no problem, but hope it makes it better.

Also when i ride passenger and i shift down, bike is realy acting ugly since engine breaking pretty strong.

Offline Nike55

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys
  • City / Town: Watford
« Reply #219 on: Jan 02, 2019, 11:13 PM »
Just tripped over this thread and it looks like something I need!

I've had two drops and a couple of near drops when the bike farted and cut out just as I was moving off from standstill, whilst trying to turn at below walking pace (all right turns funnily enough) - didn't feather clutch and blip - normally she's OK for a few months then catches you out with a burp from nowhere; minor scuffs and scratches but embarrassing in front of car drivers as you let the thing slide slowly down your leg.

Bought a Harley a while back so after hefting that around in traffic I've gained a few extra muscles so if it happens again I may be able to hold her up longer before the point of no return!   
1950 Zundapp KL 200, 1970 Honda CD175, 1972 Yamaha 80, 1972 Triumph Trident T150, 1968 Triumph Bonneville T120, 1956 Norton Dominator, 1966 Velocette LE 200, 1981 BMW 900s, 2001 Honda Blackbird, 2005 Suzuki DRZ 400, 2009 Kawasaki Versys 650, 2001 Harley Davidson 1540 FXDX.

and in order of fate: Crashed. Melted. Traded-in. Swapped. Stolen. Swapped. Sold. Broken up. Crashed (being rebuilt). Written-off. Rebuilt. Needs TLC