Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Cal Crutchlow  (Read 5956 times)

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
Re: Cal Crutchlow
« Reply #20 on: Aug 25, 2016, 04:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ted99UK [+]
He's the first Brit to win a MotoGP for 25 years and all you do is slag him off.
I'm delighted he won.   :celebrate:
I'm delighted McFee won too.  :celebrate:

Ted.
I'm pleased he won Ted, but he's still a moaning git.  :008:

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2010 KLE 650 CAF
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2016, 06:07 PM »
I'm embarrassed that he's a Brit.  He confirms all of the racial sterotypes of whinging poms.
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Online Boggs

• Versys God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Co Durham
« Reply #22 on: Sep 01, 2016, 06:37 AM »
Will yous two stop moaning  :whistle: im off to my 1st ever Moto GP this weekend at Silverstone and i'd love to see a Brit on the podium,my favourite Brit has to be Redding before Smith & Crashloads,im mostly looking forward to seeing Rossi in action though,it's going to be a long time before we see another rider who can emulate his achievements.

:biker1:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
« Reply #23 on: Sep 01, 2016, 06:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Boggs [+]
Will yous two stop moaning  :whistle: im off to my 1st ever Moto GP this weekend at Silverstone and i'd love to see a Brit on the podium,my favourite Brit has to be Redding before Smith & Crashloads,im mostly looking forward to seeing Rossi in action though,it's going to be a long time before we see another rider who can emulate his achievements.

:biker1:

Enjoy it Boggs. I've NEVER been to one. I was all set to go to the UK one at Donnington, can't remember when but decades ago, until I found the entrance was 30+. Remember decades ago 30 was a LOT and I simply wasn't prepared to spend that much on a sporting event even though I could perfectly well afford it. I guess my war-time and post-war upbringing of thrift did it to me. I still have it. Annoying at times. Stuff has to have REAL value.
The TV coverage is so good these days I suspect watching and not knowing exactly what is going on would be very frustrating.
The atmosphere will be pretty special though I guess, like the TT, which I have been to.

Ted.

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
« Reply #24 on: Sep 01, 2016, 07:44 AM »
I'll be there this weekend too.

:001:

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #25 on: Sep 01, 2016, 08:13 AM »
I tried to find out what it costs now but all tickets are sold out. Wow. :5:
How much is it guys?

Ted.

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
« Reply #26 on: Sep 01, 2016, 08:29 AM »
You can buy tickets on the gate.

155 for Fri, Sat and Sun
50 for Fri
70 for Sat
90 for Sun

I'm going on Fri (practice).  I go Fri every year.  Obviously, not as exciting as race day, but still lots of fun and great to see the bikes come screaming by - even when they're not competing.  Pretty relaxed atmosphere.  Not all the stands are open.  I like standing at Village (the stand is closed on Friday's) and sitting at Luffield (the stand is open).  But, Luffield fills fast so by 1100h there are often no paired seats available.  No problem if there's just one of you. 

Pre-purchase tickets were 30 and parking free (even for cars) on Friday.  Parking is free for bikes all weekend (I think) but cars are expensive.

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #27 on: Sep 01, 2016, 09:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sylvester [+]
You can buy tickets on the gate.

155 for Fri, Sat and Sun
50 for Fri
70 for Sat
90 for Sun

I'm going on Fri (practice).  I go Fri every year.  Obviously, not as exciting as race day, but still lots of fun and great to see the bikes come screaming by - even when they're not competing.  Pretty relaxed atmosphere.  Not all the stands are open.  I like standing at Village (the stand is closed on Friday's) and sitting at Luffield (the stand is open).  But, Luffield fills fast so by 1100h there are often no paired seats available.  No problem if there's just one of you. 

Pre-purchase tickets were 30 and parking free (even for cars) on Friday.  Parking is free for bikes all weekend (I think) but cars are expensive.

Thanks Sylvester.
Is that pre-purchase 30 for race day? If it is, it is a hell of a lot more affordable than my 30 was all those years ago.
Have a great day.

Ted.

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
« Reply #28 on: Sep 01, 2016, 10:17 AM »
No.  30 was for Friday practice.  I can't remember how much race day tickets were.  I think general admission was 50, but I might be wrong.  Worth noting that general admission DOES NOT only provides access to the standing areas - none of the seated areas.  Let's face it, MotoGP "aint cheap".

Online Boggs

• Versys God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Co Durham
« Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2016, 09:26 PM »
Im going with National Holidays 169 for the whole trip,collection from Gateshead,offer includes travel down to Silverstone and entry to watch the saturday qualifying,then transport back to hotel,dinner,bed & breakfast,then entry in on race day,watch all the action then transported back up to Gateshead,it's a cracking deal and to help fill up the last few remaining places they have dropped the price down to 152!!

CLICK HERE
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT