Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: French MotoGP  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Re: French MotoGP
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 08:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rob_Wakey [+]
Well the empty top box went out the window, with the handbook saying max carrying weight of 180kg (I think it says) we reckon we're at 220 kgs. It no problems I've noticed.

Versys has returned 55mpg at 80mph and feels great,  notice being fully loaded though as a test in the name of technology, science, biking and just curiosity saw it top out at 105mph! (As against 120 no luggage and one up) but acceleration, pull through the gears and roll on and MWay speeds is fine, just takes about three as long to stop!

Couple of pics, bum relief stop in France and parking under the room window ( first floor) at Le Mans.

Just noticed in my handbook for the MK3 that all up weight (excluding bike) is 220kgs so we weren't that much over the top. Given it a good clean today and have to say I was mighty impressed.

It did everything asked of it and for a relatively small capacity machine, what more do you really want, I think we could have done a longer tour no problems, just needed to leave out some of the unnecessary's we took.

Thing I might try is substituting the top box for a bag next time. Similar capacity but the position of the box restricts rider and passenger movement, ok if you've a 45kg pillion, not so good if he's 90kgs!. . unless I can rig a way off moving the box back 3-4 inches.
2016 White Versys with OEM panniers, Givi V47 top box, Givi Tanklock bag, aux lights, hand guards.

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #11 on: Jun 01, 2017, 11:37 PM »
Bit late but a few pics of the day, we had a good view and plenty of atmosphere with the French race fans.

2016 White Versys with OEM panniers, Givi V47 top box, Givi Tanklock bag, aux lights, hand guards.

Online Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2017, 07:27 PM »
 :028:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2