Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Moto GP Phillip Island  (Read 754 times)

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin
  • City / Town: CONSETT
Moto GP Phillip Island
« on: Oct 24, 2017, 09:18 PM »
Just watched the aussie round of the Motogp and thouroughly enjoyed it,that young french kid Johann Zarco is someone to keep an eye on next season,some of the shapes he bent that Tech3 bike into to hit the apexes defied logic,can't wait to see him on a factory bike,it's great to see the premier class providing some entertaining racing again,lots of brave young talent emerging.
 :123A: :biker1: :031:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Lycra lout
  • Bike: V650 Mk3 Green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
Re: Moto GP Phillip Island
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:08 PM »
That was probably the best race of the season - 4 of them swapping the lead and getting so, so close to each other as they fought for the advantage.  Wow 😳  :5:

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Wakefield
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:16 PM »
All three races were good with some close racing.

Zarco is good but I can see him coming a cropper with some of those wild lunges upsetting some people, shades of Marquez in Moto2.

Another great race if you haven't seen it was the last Supersport300 race that runs with WSB. Been watching this all season and its a bit like WSB version of Moto3!
2016 White Versys with OEM panniers, Givi V47 top box, Givi Tanklock bag, aux lights, hand guards.

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin
  • City / Town: CONSETT
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2017, 01:49 AM »
Rossi's post race interview comment made me laugh

ďAll the riders were so aggressive,so you need to be even more stupid than them!"

:008: :008:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2017, 08:47 AM »
I think it was excellent and I also think the fairing bashing is going to get worse before it gets stopped which will be a shame as all of those involved basically said man up and live with it. Also means get to the front and bang away from the get go cos you could end up getting pushed back by many seconds tyring to conserve tyres.

Loved Redding as well, Ducati have treated him badly, he let Dovi through early doors than pippped hime on the line  :008: :008: :008:, his comment of F*ck it have to look after myself sometimes made me smile. Ducati not happy but Dovi , fair play to him,just shrugged it off saying Redding was  faster than me and doing his own race.
Look forward to the weekend in Sepang

My last thought is Georgous George will want away from Ducati as soon as he can, back to Yam or perhaps Susuki who are coming on strong these days, then again the youngsters will want those seats as well

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2