Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2007 Versys650 Hints and Tips Please  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin AS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
Re: 2007 Versys650 Hints and Tips Please
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2017, 03:31 PM »
Also theirs a small drainage hole underneath the swingarm right at the back caliper side,it might need a jab with a needle or cocktail stick to clear it and release any trapped water which may have made it's way into there over the years.

:biker1:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: Back in business
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2017, 05:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Boggs [+]
Also theirs a small drainage hole underneath the swingarm right at the back caliper side,it might need a jab with a needle or cocktail stick to clear it and release any trapped water which may have made it's way into there over the years.

:biker1:
worth doing that every time you wash it. It gets blocked easily.
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline VersysMedic

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2007 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Colchester Area
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2017, 05:59 PM »
Brilliant video and very helpful, thanks. Gonna try that at the weekend. I'm still waiting for the link to be sent to me to activate the account to post pictures, seems to be taking a while to come through.

I'll try to get some pics on here soon but spent the day basically riding around grinning like a mad thing.
If you can't spot the mad one on the bus........it's you!!

Offline Quik_d

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Suzuki sv650
  • City / Town: Epsom
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2017, 11:41 PM »
You may or may not find this an issue, but if your finding you can't see anything out the mirrors due to vibrations then aprilia tuono/shiver/dursodouro mirrors fit straight on, look better and work perfectly.

I second keeping the chain slightly slack, and allowing for the additional sag you may get when you sit on the bike. What appears a decent chain slack when the bikes on the stand may become way too tight when you sit on it.

Offline Sparq

• Versys Master
  • Ottawa, ON
  • Bike: 2007 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Stittsville
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2017, 09:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Boggs [+]
Also theirs a small drainage hole underneath the swingarm

I'd been riding mine for nine years and never knew that was there until this spring.  Was getting a swingarm spool bracket welded back on and started getting steam coming out somewhere near the rear shock.

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin AS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2017, 01:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sparq [+]
I'd been riding mine for nine years and never knew that was there until this spring.  Was getting a swingarm spool bracket welded back on and started getting steam coming out somewhere near the rear shock.
:008:

:031:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline kwakbiker

• Versys God
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Just ride and enjoy lol My 56 plate is now over 60k miles of any weather all year, self serviced and yes keep an eye on the chain adjusters if the drain hole gets blocked, plenty of copper grease on those threads now. screen wise I use a normal MRA without the wind spoiler and works well, hand guards are some cheap Chinese make but been on for 4 years with no problems (mirrors, bushes, garage wall lol), not keen on the Dunlop trailsmarts, Pirelli scorpions are much better if you want that style tyre IMO, no problems with roadsmarts though. Keep the fuel cap and ignition lubed, watch for a slack sidestand mount that lets the stand kick out a bit(wont fall but annoying), silkolene or motul semi is what ive used oil wise....oh and watch the plug boots for cracking...other than that have I said ride it lol
Silver Mk1

Face for your fear, live your dreams