Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: French MotoGP Le Mans  (Read 636 times)

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Wakefield
French MotoGP Le Mans
« on: Dec 13, 2017, 01:20 PM »
I may be riding down as I have tickets but was going with son but we cocked up our dates and he is away that weekend with his family. Wondering if anyones going>
2016 White Versys with OEM panniers, Givi V47 top box, Givi Tanklock bag, aux lights, hand guards.

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
Re: French MotoGP Le Mans
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2017, 02:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rob_Wakey [+]
I may be riding down as I have tickets but was going with son but we cocked up our dates and he is away that weekend with his family. Wondering if anyones going>
Rob

Unfortunately I will be in Ross-on Wye for the 2018 NVM, with ~30 other reprobates  :whistle:

Richard  :001:

Details HERE  :123A:

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2017, 06:22 PM »
Yea I know, saw that the NVM clashes, mind you it is Wales. . . you know. . . Wales. .  . lots of sheep and every town having a proper english  name and another one in weird language that only a few local people profess to understand or speak.   :008:

Still if I can sell the tickets then, with the right disguise, a trip over the other side of Offer's Dyke might be fun.  :152:
2016 White Versys with OEM panniers, Givi V47 top box, Givi Tanklock bag, aux lights, hand guards.

Offline 78 Bravo

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 16 Versys 650 GT
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Just going off topic for a mo  :028:

*Originally Posted by Rob_Wakey [+]
every town having a proper english  name and another one in weird language

I was thinking about this the other day (actually it was the reverse, someone kept referring to places in England in their equivalent Welsh names had me confused!).

Why are some names translated, while others aren't? I mean Cardiff is a translation of Caerdydd (and loses all meaning), while Paris is Paris, Reykjavik is Reykjavik. It's not name complexity as LlanfairPwllGwynGyll is called Llanfair P.G., and Llanelli is still Llanelli so it's not ease of pronounciation either.

Get rid of them tickets and we can talk this over a  :031:  :152:

Oh, and it was Offa.

Online whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Wales.... :027:

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2017, 03:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by 78 Bravo [+]

I was thinking about this the other day (actually it was the reverse, someone kept referring to places in England in their equivalent Welsh names had me confused!).

Why are some names translated, while others aren't? I mean Cardiff is a translation of Caerdydd (and loses all meaning), while Paris is Paris, Reykjavik is Reykjavik. It's not name complexity as LlanfairPwllGwynGyll is called Llanfair P.G., and Llanelli is still Llanelli so it's not ease of pronounciation either.

Oh, and it was Offa.
I prefer Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch :whistle:

Details HERE  :123A:

Offline 78 Bravo

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 16 Versys 650 GT
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2017, 04:41 PM »
 :008: :008: so do I, but it's a PITA to type into a sat nav with gloves on  :4: :4:

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2017, 12:41 AM »

Oh, and it was Offa.

Yes saw the Offa mistake, autocorrect but couldn’t be arsed to back and change it  :7:

Offline Rob_Wakey

• Versys Pro
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2017, 12:44 AM »

Well it’s two seats in the Dunlop grandstand for the Sunday race day. . . . Not cheap . . . . . . . . So may go and tout the spare at the track. . .  . . . . . . . . But a beer sounds good  :016: