Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Piug Engine Bars  (Read 604 times)

Offline Woody1966!

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 650 GT
  • City / Town: BoT
Piug Engine Bars
« on: Dec 29, 2017, 08:43 PM »
I`m new to the 650 Versys & this forum so I hope i have posted in the right place?... I`m looking at adding some protection to my 2017 SE GT, I have my eye on some Puig engine bars as shown in the link below... does anyone have these fitted on a GT model with the Kawasaki Fog lights? Just wondering if theres a clash or any issues fitting both together?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-KLE-650-Versys-2015-2017-Puig-Engine-Protection-Crash-25mm-Bars-Black/132448944179?epid=644399251&hash=item1ed6928033:g:u14AAOSwyXNaRLPN

:031:

Offline Cambs650

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 650 versys
  • City / Town: Cambridge
Re: Piug Engine Bars
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Cant really help on the fog lights question but I have puig bars fitted to a standard (not GT) model and (apart from one screw that wouldnt come out by conventional means) they were easy to fit and look well made.

Offline Woody1966!

• Versys Member
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Cheers Cambs 650

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2018, 12:34 AM »
I don't have a Mk3, but I seem to recall some discussion about these not being compatible with the fog lights' mounting.  Search the Accessories section, it should be there.

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Woody1966!

• Versys Member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2018, 08:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
I don't have a Mk3, but I seem to recall some discussion about these not being compatible with the fog lights' mounting.  Search the Accessories section, it should be there.

Gustavo

:031:  Gustavo

Offline 78 Bravo

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 16 Versys 650 GT
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2018, 09:52 AM »
I don't know about these bars, but they must be attached to some part of the sub frame under the headlights. (The SW motech and Touratech ones are). In that case, they are not compatible with the Aux lights on the GT - even if not attached to sub frame, there will be clearance issues, as the aux lights are mounted on a not insubstantial bar in the same place.

For what it's worth, I had to remove the aux lights to fit the bars.

Offline Woody1966!

• Versys Member
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2018, 11:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by 78 Bravo [+]
I don't know about these bars, but they must be attached to some part of the sub frame under the headlights. (The SW motech and Touratech ones are). In that case, they are not compatible with the Aux lights on the GT - even if not attached to sub frame, there will be clearance issues, as the aux lights are mounted on a not insubstantial bar in the same place.

For what it's worth, I had to remove the aux lights to fit the bars.

Cheers, thanks for that Bravo.