Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: First look at my versys  (Read 8610 times)

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
  • Bike: Versys 650 2014
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: First look at my versys
« Reply #70 on: Mar 13, 2018, 07:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Boggs [+]
Well done matey,the fun starts now,i bet youre just a little bit excited.......

Cheers Boggs

:031: thanks Boggs yep excited and a bit apprehensive about the weight on the bike !
But I'll go out loaded Saturday to get the feel of it if the weather holds.

I did all my lessons in bad weather from rain to snow and ice across the carpark doing my Mod 1 so I'm looking forward to warm sunny days on the V.

Thanks for the support much appreciated all.

I'll post some photos of my travels and learning curve as I go along.

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #71 on: Mar 13, 2018, 08:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Craigasaki [+]
Good stuff RE  :002:

:031:

Offline Boggs

• Versys God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Co Durham
« Reply #72 on: Mar 14, 2018, 10:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ruhr Express [+]
:031: thanks Boggs yep excited and a bit apprehensive about the weight on the bike !
But I'll go out loaded Saturday to get the feel of it if the weather holds.
You'll be ok,their fine pootling along  normally,they're only heavy when manoeuvring them about slowly,esp turning,if you feel it tipping in this situation just be careful not to grab too much front brake and if you feel it really going,give it a bit of throttle to lift it up.

:031:
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 10:43 AM by Boggs »
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Guitar_Slinger

• Versys Pro
  • I like rock.
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #73 on: Mar 14, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Great thread/shed RE and well done on passing.  :001:  I've gone the other way... been riding motorbikes since a teenager and recently gone back to learning, passing the large vehicle licences.  Hope you get lots of dry sunny days and enjoy your riding.

As for weight distribution, biggest tip for not tipping over is to keep the bike bolt upright, to about fast jogging speed - that way you won't fall over.  That tip was brought to you by 13 years of teaching, doing a local group's Low Speed Skills course and still managing to drop mine one weekend:016:

Bad news is that this thread has probably cost me 60, as I fancy one of those Oxford T-70 roll bags, to replace the rucksack I use with my panniers.
Honda MT-5, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha TDR250, Honda C90, Suzuki VS800, Honda Superdream CB250N, Piaggio Liberty 50, Versys 650 Mk2.

Offline bgp

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Zagreb
« Reply #74 on: Mar 14, 2018, 06:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guitar_Slinger [+]

Bad news is that this thread has probably cost me 60, as I fancy one of those Oxford T-70 roll bags, to replace the rucksack I use with my panniers.

You can find it cheaper on ebay  48.99

Search 5030009193163
Bikes: Original 2007 Versys and 2003 ZRX1200S

Offline TYKE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena N.I
« Reply #75 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ruhr Express [+]
Will definitely be in N.I in June Tyke I'll p.m you my number with the dates nearer the time there will be two of us coming over.

:028:    :002:   
Just do as I say, don't do as I do .

There's a difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Rog      (Roger)

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #76 on: Mar 16, 2018, 04:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guitar_Slinger [+]
Great thread/shed RE and well done on passing.  :001:  I've gone the other way... been riding motorbikes since a teenager and recently gone back to learning, passing the large vehicle licences.  Hope you get lots of dry sunny days and enjoy your riding.

As for weight distribution, biggest tip for not tipping over is to keep the bike bolt upright, to about fast jogging speed - that way you won't fall over.  That tip was brought to you by 13 years of teaching, doing a local group's Low Speed Skills course and still managing to drop mine one weekend:016:

Thanks for the advice Guitar slinger , I'm away down the road in morning for my first ride but I'll go out without the panniers and dry bag then build up to carrying all my gear over the next couple of weekends.

Good luck with the wagon driving put 25 years of my life into that job.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2018, 05:26 PM by Ruhr Express »

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #77 on: Mar 16, 2018, 05:08 PM »
 Had a sorting of my kit this afternoon repacked everything and checked the V over everything is ok bar the rear brake light flickering when the front brake lever is pulled .
Sorted that with some tinkering and gt85.

The second problem is a slow puncture on the front tyre.
I pumped it up last night and checked it again this afternoon and the pressure was 17psi rather than the 32psi it had in the night before.
That will be sorted tomorrow morning.

Other than that all's well and im looking forward to a ride out for a couple of hours or so in the morning.

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #78 on: Mar 16, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Had a play around on my phone today and created a couple of videos they are not Oscar winning ones but like everything else the more you do it the better you get, well that's theory anyway....

I am debating on buying a camera for our trips or just use the phone and save some money.
Any advice for and against welcome.

video dead

Online Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #79 on: Mar 16, 2018, 08:31 PM »
 :123A:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2