Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: First look at my versys  (Read 6050 times)

Online whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
Re: First look at my versys
« Reply #80 on: Mar 16, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Preferred the second vid...even better if the pics didn't move away as quick.
Keep up the good work  :028:.....Boggs needs the competition.  :008:

Offline Craigasaki

• Versys Master
  • Topbox and Heated-Grips allergy
  • Bike: Versys 650 DAF
  • City / Town: Cean Romhar
« Reply #81 on: Mar 16, 2018, 11:00 PM »
RE. you look a sturdy enough lad, don't worry about the bike getting away from you, pack with a modicum of sense and you'll be sound  :002:
More tea, no biscuits

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
  • Bike: Versys 650 2014
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #82 on: Mar 17, 2018, 03:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Craigasaki [+]
RE. you look a sturdy enough lad, don't worry about the bike getting away from you, pack with a modicum of sense and you'll be sound  :002:

Cheers Craigasaki I'll use a bit of my lorry driving experience regarding weight distribution, I did find that weight can be used to your advantage in the right set of circumstances I always felt more planted to the road when loaded in the lorry.

So hopefully the same set of principles will cross over to riding a bike loaded.

:028: Whisky Dave, I want to have something to look back on in a few years so that's my reasonings behind trying my hand at videos and I do like a challenge keeps my mind ticking.

Here's a short video of me doing a practice avoidance during my Mod 1 training.

Didn't go out this morning on the V, by the time I woke up, 8am seemed like a long time ago  :001:

Woke up at 13.30 to a lot of angry messages and phone calls but hey ho shit happens I blame the  :031:

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2018, 03:36 PM by Ruhr Express »

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #83 on: Mar 18, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Managed to get out of bed today and took the V out for a couple of hours.
First impressions its nimble and feels light, sounds a bit agricultural.

Couple of issues cropped up , loose mirror head n/s could do with some advice on how to tighten it up if any one has had the same problem.

Gear selector needed adjusting sorted that, slow puncture was actually the valve fixed that as well.
Most annoying is a rattle from the o/s area round the handlebars comes in at  2000 rpm then goes.

Enjoyed it and looking forward to getting away on it end of the month.

Had a fettle of the phone holder and replaced the cheap in line fuse with a more robust one.
So all is well bar the rattle and loose mirror head.

Offline Guitar_Slinger

• Versys Pro
  • I like rock.
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #84 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ruhr Express [+]
First impressions its nimble and feels light, sounds a bit agricultural.

Most annoying is a rattle from the o/s area round the handlebars comes in at  2000 rpm then goes.

I noticed both of these, at lower revs.  My annoying rattle is from the clock and it's plastic surround.  I think somebody on here put bits of draft excluder strips between them to stop it.

I too think it the engine can sound agricultural at low revs but isn't this deliberate? I remember reading that the Versys is a re-tuned Ninja engine, but with more bottom end grunt.  A couple of times I've been fully loaded uphill at slow speed, feeling it pull like a Land Rover (in a good way).  Once your revs are screaming, it's a different beast - careful it doesn't catch you out!  :celebrate:   :biker1:
Honda MT-5, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha TDR250, Honda C90, Suzuki VS800, Honda Superdream CB250N, Piaggio Liberty 50, Versys 650 Mk2.

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #85 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:36 PM »
lot of attention to detail there - even got the labels on the WD40 in the lunch box lined up  :020:

Enjoy the riding, i got my V last year, first bike in 30 years, and enjoyed every minute of it
thanks for sharing your story, really good post
tony

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #86 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Had a bit of a panel removal frenzy this evening I was determined to eliminate that buzzing at 2000rpm and I did .
Super annoying could not live with that for more than 10 mins.

Anyways removed all the panels and methodically went through each one and consulted the forum regarding other people's fixes and applied their solutions and bobs your uncle no buzzing .

One thing a did find was a coolant pipe near enough rubbed through so sorted that while I was in there.

Just the mirror head to sort now so all advice welcome it's just the head that is loose.

Few photos.

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #87 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tonyt4 [+]
lot of attention to detail there - even got the labels on the WD40 in the lunch box lined up  :020:

Enjoy the riding, i got my V last year, first bike in 30 years, and enjoyed every minute of it
thanks for sharing your story, really good post
tony

Thanks Tony I work as a warehouse manager and everything has a part number and a location  :028: and unfortunately I seem to have brought that home with me lol.

Online whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #88 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ruhr Express [+]
Thanks Tony I work as a warehouse manager and everything has a part number and a location  :028: and unfortunately I seem to have brought that home with me lol.
What went wrong with the coffee box then.  :008:

That's one clean bike though.  :028:

Offline Ruhr Express

• Versys Pro
  • Forward
« Reply #89 on: Mar 20, 2018, 07:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]
What went wrong with the coffee box then.  :008:

That's one clean bike though.  :028:

One of the lads at work came round and detailed the V for me, it's his hobby although he has Asperger's syndrome and can get quite fixated on his hobbies.
Good lad though.

The coffee box is the miscellaneous box lol.