Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: paddock stands  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Ibraz

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 650 MK1
  • City / Town: Québec
Re: paddock stands
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2018, 12:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Craigasaki [+]

Ooh but all that extra weight   :002:

Meh... It’s just suspension improvement for a featherweight rider :)

Offline Craigasaki

• Versys Master
  • Topbox and Heated-Grips allergy
  • Bike: Versys 650 DAF
  • City / Town: Cean Romhar
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:22 PM »
Best option for Paddock-Stand then is one with an extending side-mounted arm like my old Champion thing, fouls nowt  :002:
More tea, no biscuits

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:06 PM »
so I goes and gets a nice shiny Oxford Premium Paddock stand but as my old missus used to say, "you can't get it near the bobbins".   :138:  So at best that is two trips more trips across town, once on the bike to see if the dealer has one that fits and once in the car to return the stand that is no good.  Who designs these things?

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2018, 01:44 PM »
just to be fair to Oxford.  It can fit around the tail tidy, but I found very difficult to do solo.  Much easier with the handle reversed, just have to be a bit careful not to trap your fingers as the handle hits the ground now.

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2018, 05:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tonyt4 [+]
so I goes and gets a nice shiny Oxford Premium Paddock stand but as my old missus used to say, "you can't get it near the bobbins".   :138:  So at best that is two trips more trips across town, once on the bike to see if the dealer has one that fits and once in the car to return the stand that is no good.  Who designs these things?

It's a paddock stand, yes?  Have you ever seen a racebike with a mudguard and EU compliant license plate?   :notsure:   But, luckily, mudguards are mostly plastic, and flexible plastic at that.  You push the mudguard in or to the side a little and the stand engages the bobbins w/o a problem.  I will be the first one to admit it's not nearly as convenient a stand with a side mounted handle (especially those that point forward, that also make it easier to balance the bike while you are lifting it), but it's not that difficult. 

Not as easy as a centerstand would have been, though...   :whistle:

Gustavo
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2018, 06:20 PM by Gustavo »
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline mstellin

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 Versus 650
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids, MI
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2018, 03:00 AM »
The first thing I did was hack off the rear tail with  the refector.  There was no way that was going to last.  Looks 100% better.  I think the center stand is the best idea, expensive but like said, its always with you.
Lift for a second and that's where you finish

Offline Dr Bones

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2008 Versys
  • City / Town: Loughborough
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2018, 08:24 AM »
I've got a Micron paddock stand (picked it up second hand for £15). Easy to locate on the bobbins and doesn't foul on anything as you lift the bike. I've seen them come up quite regularly on ebay, gumtree etc, so worth looking out for one.

Like this one:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/11532