Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: NVM Route Update  (Read 3871 times)

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: NVM Route Update
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 06:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Thanks Jonnster.   I was just about to send out an S O S.  Asking if anyone had seen the plot.  :008:
My first time organising such a large group and given the little issue we had in the Borders with a split group I thought I'd go with a belt and braces approach.

I dunno if it was a good idea or not, but it's done now so it's there if anyone feels they want (not need) it.

:36:

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2018, 07:23 PM »
i just wanted to see the routes.  Which look really good   :020:  and reall y appreciate the work in setting them up
Anyway I hate following tracks on the TomTom.  If it decides a waypoint was on the other side of the road, it insists you go back and properly go over it, or you have to scratch through about three levels of menu to just skip that point.   :173:

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 12:46 PM »
Satnav route is useful to give advance warning of junctions, pit stops, etc, however it should only be used as a reference and liable to change on the day when the lead rider takes a detour for road works, adds in an extra bit, takes out a loop because the group's too slow, gets bored, needs to stop for a pi$$  :008:

Anyhow Jonnster, deffo coming and available if you're still short of a tail gunner  :028:

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2018, 01:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Satnav route is useful to give advance warning of junctions, pit stops, etc, however it should only be used as a reference and liable to change on the day when the lead rider takes a detour for road works, adds in an extra bit, takes out a loop because the group's too slow, gets bored, needs to stop for a pi$$  :008:

Anyhow Jonnster, deffo coming and available if you're still short of a tail gunner  :028:
Thanks Dilbert, it'll be great to see you again. Regarding tailgunner duties I have that covered, so you're back on the 'call in case of emergency' list.

Cheers for the support.
Jonny

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: A Superior Mk1 V
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2018, 07:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
Thanks Dilbert, it'll be great to see you again. Regarding tailgunner duties I have that covered, so you're back on the 'call in case of emergency' list.

Cheers for the support.
Jonny
Do I have a tail gunner for the ADV middle route. On smart phone and cannot see previous posts easily. Can someone check / volunteer 👌👌
                          Details HERE  :123A:

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2018, 09:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Do I have a tail gunner for the ADV middle route. On smart phone and cannot see previous posts easily. Can someone check / volunteer 👌👌
King T.M, I didn't organise a tailgunner for the adventure group. Volunteers required. I reckon we can organise this at the Steel Horse Cafe, as some of the guys who requested the adventure route have dropped out or are not coming, so it might be a smaller group than initially expected...you might even decide to stick with the main route perhaps?

See you soon.
Jonny

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2018, 12:04 PM »
North east crew have arrived(well two).😎

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000