Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: What a Great Weekend!  (Read 1356 times)

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
Re: What a Great Weekend!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 09:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by THE RAT [+]
:002: Morning all  that's me home last night at 23.45  what a great time I have  had  it started with a  great meal at Towerman  Towers  :celebrate: a very well thought out trip with no motorways all the way to Ted's  once again a  big thank you  for the hospitality   and another great run to meet up at the pondarosa  nice to meet up with more new folk  and the homegard   :031:   it was a shame some were not able to stay. FOR ME the week end was fantastic  the person who did the no rain dance you have got the full time job . Thank you Jonny for working out a great route  and and all the trees to look  at  :37:   all the tail gunners  the northern  brewery  boys  :031: they made it home with out  popping   :152: in fact THANK YOU ALL  from a  well travelled  RAT   1596 miles  but did get on Aberdeen  boat last night so that kept the mileage  down and saved my tyres  :007:  THANKS  :020:

Wow Jon! Now that's what I call a trip and a half :5:. I'm pleased you got home safely, it was great meeting you over the weekend  :152:. All that's left now is to look forward to the 2019 NVM and doing it all again!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

Online Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 12:40 PM »
That sure was an epic.
My miles was only 450.
Great that you made it happen.
Ted.

Online Bart

• Versys God
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 03:31 PM »
A big thankyou to Jonnster for organising and everyone for contributing to the drop off system, it worked really well imho. Some loverly views over the tops and some new roads and new places visited too. It was good to see old faces and meet new ones.

Had a "interesting" ride back to base with a short 20mins of lunacy with a few of you before my sensible hat went back on. I was more than pleased with the pace of the big V with the little bikes.
RD250, XJ600, VFR750, CBR900, Honet 600, RD400, RD350 YPVS, CBR600 Sport, DRZ400, XT660R, BMW R1100RS, Versys 650, CBR1000RR, Versys 650, AdvVersys 650, CB1300S, VF1000, MkII V1k

Online uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V. 014 V.
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2018, 05:59 PM »

"I was more than pleased with the pace of the big V with the little bikes."

I am having a lot of fun running through the many possible interpretations of this.  :008: :008:

Boris could use you, Bart  :2: .

Rob.

Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 07:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bart [+]
A big thankyou to Jonnster for organising and everyone for contributing to the drop off system, it worked really well imho. Some loverly views over the tops and some new roads and new places visited too. It was good to see old faces and meet new ones.

Had a "interesting" ride back to base with a short 20mins of lunacy with a few of you before my sensible hat went back on. I was more than pleased with the pace of the big V with the little bikes.
Ah, so it was you Bart. I was wondering who that was.

Online Bart

• Versys God
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 10:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

"I was more than pleased with the pace of the big V with the little bikes."

I am having a lot of fun running through the many possible interpretations of this.  :008: :008:

Boris could use you, Bart  :2: .

Rob.

The saying "what happens on holiday stays on holiday" springs to mind.....sorry Rob
RD250, XJ600, VFR750, CBR900, Honet 600, RD400, RD350 YPVS, CBR600 Sport, DRZ400, XT660R, BMW R1100RS, Versys 650, CBR1000RR, Versys 650, AdvVersys 650, CB1300S, VF1000, MkII V1k

Online uralrob

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 01:02 AM »

Nothing to apologize for at all  :008: .

There's also "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story", which is what I was playing with this morning  :015: .

Must get back to working up some r.r. posts for the I.V.M.  :whistle: .

Rob.

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 07:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

Nothing to apologize for at all  :008: .

There's also "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story", which is what I was playing with this morning  :015: .

Must get back to working up some r.r. posts for the I.V.M.  :whistle: .

Rob.
Rob, if you want a tagged photo for the IVM just send me a list of name and a photo so I can identify them. Happy to cobble something together for you.

Online uralrob

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 11:02 AM »

That's very generous of you, Jonnster. Thank you.

Rob.