Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: broken rear indicator stem  (Read 212 times)

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
broken rear indicator stem
« on: Jun 12, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Hi
the stem on the right rear indicator is broken, just where it joins the wider flange.  Looking on eBay for a replacement, around 25, but most say 2010 model year, although they look the same.  Does the year matter, or are they all the same?  Also are they just a push fit onto the tail tidy?  Tried pulling it but nothing happened (although I am used to that  :187:).
I am sure there are some posts on this somewhere but could not find them
Any help appreciated
thanks
Tony

Offline gushud

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650 2010
  • City / Town: Darlington
Re: broken rear indicator stem
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2018, 10:08 AM »
There is a clip affair where the arm attached to the body work, best get a look at
an exploded parts diagram it will give you an idea.
There are some good parts diagram on www.kawasakioriginalparts.com
Hope this helps. I would imagine the indicators are the same across the different mks you
should be able to tell from pictures on eBay if that's where you're getting one.
Harry.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 10:14 AM by gushud »

Offline wwhite139

• Versys Pro
  • 40 Ballpoint pens...
  • Bike: White 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bangor
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2018, 12:24 PM »
Not sure why part numbers differ between the model years, it almost appears that they are reversed from side to side ? Otherwise seem identical.

2010 model http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com/road-bikes.html?blockref=99912-1658.G-06&machineid=4460&year=2010&model=KLE650CAF&country=GB

2016 model http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com/road-bikes.html?blockref=99912-1940.G-08&machineid=5568&year=2016&model=KLE650FGF

Looks like they started to mount them the other way up on later models ? Bizarre.

There is a screw through the clip that holds it on ( part number 224 on the parts diagram 2016 model ). My front R one got broken at less than a week old, and the crosshead screw through the clip that holds it on was a nightmare to undo. Make sure you have a really good fitting cross head screwdriver ( possibly new ) it will make the job a lot easier.

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Great thank you.
I will try one off Ebay, they all look very similar
Looks like you have to take the number plate off, the number plate light, and then there are two cross head screws holding the two sides of the tail tidy together.  The screws don't look in the best of condition, so I will try to take care

tony

Offline gushud

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650 2010
  • City / Town: Darlington
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Good luck Tony, just take your time & you'll get it done.
Ride safe, Harry.