Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: On - Board camera  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Darren0269

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versus 650
  • City / Town: Wallasey
Re: On - Board camera
« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Some thinking to do 🤔
Thanks 👍🏻

Offline kwacky

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Brum
« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2018, 01:39 PM »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=veho+vcc-005-muvi-hd10&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=80264387000474&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2exa7zeoua_b

I've got one of these with a memory card, all of the fixtures and fittings and several mounts and a waterproof case if you're interested?  I've only used it a handful of times.  I think I've still got the box.

Drop me a PM if you are. 

Offline Zipperhead

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: LONDON
« Reply #12 on: Jul 11, 2018, 02:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lord Muck [+]
I will NOT helmet mount a camera, I been to an RTC where a lid mounted GoPro punched a square shaped hole through the guys helmet, I also heard a rumour that this was what caused Schumacher serious head injuries when he was skiing  (not sure if itís true) I can imagine it did.

I've also believe that I heard the same about Schumacher's accident. I think that I read it in a blog post by Gary Hartstein(*):

This helmet cam stuff

* Involved in motorsports medicine since 1990. Sid Watkinís assistant from 1997-2004. Formula 1 Medical Delegate from 2005 to 2007, then Medical Rescue Coordinator for the Championship from 2008 until 2012. Anesthesiologist and Emergency Physician at the University Hospital of LiŤge, Belgium

Online Doug Just Doug

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Newark, Delaware
« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:18 PM »
I'm playing around with the Sena Prism Tube helmet cam.  Simple, not very expensive, and good enough quality for my purposes.

2015 Versys 650 ABS

Offline jonno

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2008 Versys 650
  • City / Town: paulton
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:56 PM »
I'd personally always go with a bike mounted 12v battery fed solution, no muckin about with batteries/recharging and can be hidden to a large degree.

Offline Darren0269

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versus 650
  • City / Town: Wallasey
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Thanks for your replies - got a go pro to fit  - bike looks fav - but hat has more flexibility- has lots of brackets will probably try both . Interesting that in an accident the info is collected🤔
Thanks again 😊

Offline wwhite139

• Versys Pro
  • 40 Ballpoint pens...
  • Bike: White 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bangor
« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2018, 12:41 PM »
I use a Roadhawk Ride Bullet R+ 1080p HD Camera, mounted just under the R side of the fairing. Not too obtrusive, and quality isn't bad. Small amount of vibration ( its a twin !!! ) and prob captures mostly engine noise in that location, but will prob capture horn honking etc too. Plenty of setup options and if hardwired, will turn on and off with motorcycle, and can do loop recording. Software for PC and Mac.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2018, 12:44 PM by wwhite139 »

Offline suds750

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2016
  • City / Town: Hagley
« Reply #17 on: Jul 13, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Got myself a Sony Action cam (Model AS100V) similar to the one that Andyman cam uses. I had an offer of 110 quid accepted and it came with the waterproof case, various mounts and a remote control. I'm still playing with settings and microphone but have found that the battery doesn't last nearly long enough. It is possible to power it with an external power pack that I'll keep in a chest pocket.

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #18 on: Jul 14, 2018, 06:34 AM »
I have one of those as well.
I bought spare batteries and an external charger but still you have to remember to change them.
Did you get the remote viewer as well?

Offline suds750

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2016
  • City / Town: Hagley
« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Yes, I got the remote viewer....nice bit of kit apart from the strap being way too short. What mic do you use? The one I got from Amazon doesn't seem to work for some reason.
I've gone a bit mad getting tech and a new helmet in time for a trip to France so want to set it all up as best I can before I go. Really got to get my priorities right though...I don't even have my passport yet! :008: :138: