Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Chicken Stripes or stripes of discretion  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
Re: Chicken Stripes or stripes of discretion
« Reply #50 on: Jul 29, 2018, 10:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]
17 th of May 2019....Yorkshire.    :028:...... :008: :008: :008:

You have more chance of getting a drink out of Tony than he does of getting one out of you.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #51 on: Jul 30, 2018, 01:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]
The 'owner satisfaction' ratings? can be found if you open the same link up on the Visordown website.

The problem with owner satisfaction is that it's a subjective measure and the sample size is still too small (even though bigger than it used to be).  CR gets millions of survey replies.  It seems only a few of us ride motorcycles (or reply to that part of the survey), so it's hard to get a real reading on that.  Especially that it encompass an entire brand, from super-sport bikes to cruisers or from choppers to touring rigs.  When they start having enough data to break it down by model, that will be a lot more interesting.

Some things I can see where they come from, for example, BMW owners aren't satisfied with the "Cost of Maintenance and Repair".  Seems self explanatory to anyone who follows the industry.  But, Yamaha owners rated their bikes as only "Good" in over all satisfaction and Confort as only "Fair".  Of course, it seems most owners rated Kawasaki's Comfort as "Poor".  I rode mine for almost 4K miles (about 30% more US annual average) in 10 days and it was pretty comfortable to me, so go figure...   :027:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #52 on: Jul 30, 2018, 09:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
You have more chance of getting a drink out of Tony than he does of getting one out of you.
Fair comment. 🍹

Offline Tonyt4

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #53 on: Aug 05, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Lost my chicken stripes today, and  dragged my foot down, although I had the balls of my feet on the pegs.  OK I admit did not actually ground the foot rests.
It was the Thames Valley advanced motorcycle course called "look, lean and roll".  It was a complete blast.  It was at the Farnborough driving test centre, essentially just a large car park with cones set out in various slalom courses.  But as you went round it faster and faster,  i could not believe how quick you can get it to swap from side to side down the slalom.  I was completely knackered by the end but will do it again.
The serious point was getting you to look ahead, roll up with countersteering and roll on the throttle, to show the bike can do far more than I thought possible. 
 :biker1: :celebrate: :celebrate:
Although don't think I will be dong it out on the road in a hurry
Tony

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #54 on: Aug 06, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Got closer to the edge this morning undertaking a panda car on a roundabout that was a bit tighter than I thought, wasn't doing anything illegal just had enough sitting behind him on the A59 so did him and a tranny van on the roundabout. He must have thought cheeky bastard but what could he do, two lanes on the roundabout and I did not go round it faster than 30 ISH 
Some things are childishly satisfying 137 miles of  playtime in the dales and this made me proper giggle.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2018, 05:33 PM by Clunkyboy »
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2