Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Resetting the trip  (Read 202 times)

Offline VersysGirl

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: KLE 650 A9F
  • City / Town: West Mids
Resetting the trip
« on: Jul 16, 2018, 06:35 PM »
Hello :-) I'm new to this forum but have had my Versys for four years, however, I am finding it difficult to reset the trip which I like to do when I fill up with fuel. Any tips or is it a worn out switch?

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: A Superior Mk1 V
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
Re: Resetting the trip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2018, 09:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by VersysGirl [+]
Hello :-) I'm new to this forum but have had my Versys for four years, however, I am finding it difficult to reset the trip which I like to do when I fill up with fuel. Any tips or is it a worn out switch?
Hi and welcome.

This is an easy fix as I have done this on my V

You need to carefully prise the rubber cover off the button.
Underneath you will find a short plastic spigot that extends down onto the button switch deep in the instrument cluster
Take this out with tweezers and don't loose it.
Then spray copious switch cleaner / WD40 down the hole, as the switch becomes stiff / dry / gummed up overtime  :33:
Then resemble and it should work. :028:

Richard  :028:

EDIT - If you do a search you will find posts detailing this in greater detail with pictures  :028:

EDIT 2 - use a small screwdriver (or nail file) to get the flange of the rubber button back into position.
Make sure you get it all the way inside otherwise the button might not work. It should make a click sound as you push it in.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 09:34 PM by TowerMan »
                          Details HERE  :123A: