Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: General NVM Discussion  (Read 4142 times)

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
Re: General NVM Discussion
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:40 PM »
OK everyone.  After the worst 6 weeks of my life.  Multiple hospital visits, several procedures, 8 days of incarceration in 2 different hospitals, and being scared sh--less at what was happening to me. 

I'M BACK.

And tomorrow I will be adding the afternoon section of the NVM Saturday run to the forum. After much deliberation, the afternoon section, whilst still being a cracking ride, will not be as nadgery as I Had first planned.

The final total of bikes could exceed 40, so keeping in mind that some of the group, may not for a variety of reasons, want to do the tight and very twisty single track routes.

So we will stick to the more flowing open roads, which will still be great fun, with lots of stunning Vista's.

I also intend to visit pubs in Hawes, in order to try and ascertain which of them will best be able to cope with our expected numbers, for the evening fun and frivolity.         More tomorrow.   Geoff
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2019, 09:44 PM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
I'M BACK.

:123A: :123A: :123A:

'At a' boy, hunnerd. You can't keep a good man down!

I sure wish I could be there in the pack when the thundering hordes invade the Dales.  :019:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:07 PM »
You have my sympathy even if your hospital attendance is at a purely amateur level  :008:

There's always one and it's usually me  :001:
Just passin' through

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2019, 01:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
You have my sympathy even if your hospital attendance is at a purely amateur level  :008:

There's always one and it's usually me  :001:
  Mmmmm, not sure that " amateur level" is fitting. :008:    4 visits to A and E to have catheters fitted  :004:  The first 3 all getting blocked by blood clots :019:

My radiation Proctitis in my bowel , pi--ing untold pints of blood out of my ar--.

A camera up my kno- to see what was happening in there, another camera up my ar-- to see  why I was bleeding to death from within.

I collapsed in A and E , because my blood pressure had fell through the floor.

An M.R.I  scan to see if my prostate cancer had anything to do with my woes. ( fortunately it hasn't).

Dozens of blood tests. My arms have turned into yellow bruised pin cushions.

8 days parked in a hospital bed, praying that someone would come along and fix me. 

All routine stuff really.  :008: :138:

But hey, what doesn't kill you does actually make you stronger.   So come on life, throw some of the good stuff at me.  :152: :2:

Online Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Blimey and ouch......hope they have patched you up well, it sounds nasty but at least it was in the winter so not too many glorious riding days missed. Just been looking at your afternoon route and it looks just the job, scenic and interesting with a varying degree of speed required, really looking forward to it so thanks very much for posting to help with the anticipation. Cheers, Onslowe
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2019, 04:44 PM »
 Sounds like you've been through the wars a bit there Geoff, hope it's all heading in a positive direction.

I've looked at your route, and given the expected numbers and unknown riders experience it's a good job; i doubt it'll be to taxing, just as a matter of interest, do you use a marker system or "man in mirror"?

Mark.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
Sounds like you've been through the wars a bit there Geoff, hope it's all heading in a positive direction.

I've looked at your route, and given the expected numbers and unknown riders experience it's a good job; i doubt it'll be to taxing, just as a matter of interest, do you use a marker system or "man in mirror"?
   Thanks.  Yes things are a lot more positive at the minute, so I am ready to crack on. :152:

We use the tried and tested method of the leader, ( That will be me this year) , instructing the rider directly behind , to mark a corner, that man then waits, and directs ( by pointing) the following riders on the route to take. He will stay at that location until the last man ( tail end Charlie) arrives. The last man will be the same last man all day. He will be identified by an orange bib, and will be identified to the group before we leave in the morning. When you see the last man approaching your location, he will signal you to move off. So your job will be done, until the next time you arrive back behind the leader, when the process will be repeated. The system is known as second man drop off. And if everyone does their job, works well. All will be further explained on the day, just to make sure everyone understands the system.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Onslowe [+]
Blimey and ouch......hope they have patched you up well, it sounds nasty but at least it was in the winter so not too many glorious riding days missed. Just been looking at your afternoon route and it looks just the job, scenic and interesting with a varying degree of speed required, really looking forward to it so thanks very much for posting to help with the anticipation. Cheers, Onslowe
  Yes if this had struck me down in the summer riding season I would have been as sick as a pig.   So getting better every day. And looking forward to summer.  :152:

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys /16 GT
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #18 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
    All will be further explained on the day, just to make sure everyone understands the system.

More than familiar, ran a RAT chapter for a few years and several annual rides for the SV forum, just wanted a "heads up" on which you'd be using, thanks.
Mark.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rictus [+]
More than familiar, ran a RAT chapter for a few years and several annual rides for the SV forum, just wanted a "heads up" on which you'd be using, thanks.
  Good job :152:. If the weather gods are on our side, we will have a very special day  :2: