Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Tyre Choice  (Read 905 times)

Offline Gazzat

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Tyre Choice
« on: Jul 27, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Hi to all, any members used michelin pilot power on their bikes as thinking of changing tyres to a matched pair (just bought the bike) as the front needs replacing or any recommendarions would be more than welcome. Thanks.

Online kwacky

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Brum
Re: Tyre Choice
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2018, 12:14 PM »
I've been using the Z8s on my bike in all weathers.  They've been doing me proud.  I get about 8,000 miles from a rear. 

Offline Ibraz

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 650 MK1
  • City / Town: Québec
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2018, 07:16 AM »
I like the T30evo set on mine.
More than enough grip on the dry.
Get up to temp easyier than the Dunlop Q3’s I had before so better grip in more conditions.
They seem to get squared a bit faster than I’d like, and they do need a few kms to get to temp in the rain, but overall great grip and as long as you do 50% twisties or more, should be durable.
The rear has approx 4000 agressive miles on it now including a 2000 mile tour heavily loaded and approx 700 miles of high speed loaded freeway straight lines and is maybe half worn on the center.
Sides wore a bit faster on the last tour so they went back to round, then back to slightly square again after two high speed straight line « get back home » days.

Offline webb1e

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: KLE650-2011
  • City / Town: Surrey, England
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Tyres are so personal.  For every positive recommendation you can always find another that has a contary view.  My new (to me) bike needs new tyres and I am torn between Bridgestone BT023 and Michelin Pilot Road 4.

Although they cost more, I am leaning towards the PR4's
KLE650 Versys 2011

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2018, 08:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by webb1e [+]
Tyres are so personal.  For every positive recommendation you can always find another that has a contary view.  My new (to me) bike needs new tyres and I am torn between Bridgestone BT023 and Michelin Pilot Road 4.

Although they cost more, I am leaning towards the PR4's
I had the BT023's on my old Versys and they were great. I've got PR5's on my Tracer and they are even better (I haven't got the skill or the bravery to take them to their limits.) Though I must add they were very expensive  :002:

Offline PurpleDog

• Versys Member
  • Bike: '17 Versys 650GT
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2018, 10:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]
I had the BT023's on my old Versys and they were great. I've got PR5's on my Tracer and they are even better (I haven't got the skill or the bravery to take them to their limits.) Though I must add they were very expensive  :002:

Snap!
Well, apart from the fact that in place of [Tracer] there should be [Mk3 V] in my case.
GS125EX :180: -> CB500 :002: -> VFR750 :020: -> [Nothing :(] -> Versys 650 :152: -> Versys 650 GT :152:

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by whiskydave [+]

If they were expensive, they must be good, certainly better than those less expensive ones...   :whistle:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:42 AM »
Bt 23s but any of the Michigan Still run Pr3s cheaper the 3 or 5s and stonking
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2018, 11:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
If they were expensive, they must be good, certainly better than those less expensive ones...   :whistle:

Gustavo
Dear Gus,everyone knows it's fact on the internet....the more expensive the tyre tire the more  grip.  :138:

PS the PR 5's are still great tyres tires and they are still expensive.  :008: :008: :008: