Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Not Quite getting it right  (Read 876 times)

Online uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
Re: Not Quite getting it right
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2018, 11:39 AM »

Good news  :028:   :028:

One of the funnest drives I ever had was a 2.4l turbo diesel Transit camper with a 6 speed manual in N.Z. Passing uphill and laughing my fool head off. Missus talked of having me certified.

What flavour of ice cream goes best with your roo-ribs?

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
« Reply #11 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:56 PM »
I just LOVE your ride reports clunky!!!!!
I know all those roads so well I was riding every corner with you.
MADE MY DAY.
Thanks, YOU'RE A STAR.
The V 650 is the perfect bike for that ride IMHO.
Ted.

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:59 PM »
got to agree Ted that is ceratainly V country, any more pwoer I'd kill myself, any less too boring, any heavier loose the grin factor, lighter  and you'd get blown around on some of the peaks. I went to ride, not to tour, not to eat cake, not to sight see, not to race, I went to ride, to be involved to have the craic. No better bike for it
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Online Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Very well put Clunky.
Not sure about the   "lighter"  though, I'm a big fan of light.
Ted.

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2018, 12:36 PM »
Really good read Clunky :7:

I was surprised that some sections of it were familiar to me!!

I was reminded of this years NVM....at one stage there was a Focus ST in the middle of our group and I could just about keep up with him but no way I could have passed him :012:

Do you find it easy to do a write up on your spin? Would you or have you ever done it on a big tour?

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #15 on: Aug 12, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Hi Bob
If I do a write up it's normally when I get home and chill with a beer and it flow easily, I seem to be able to remember the smallest of details sometimes.
This one was different, I wasn't going to do one but I was off work, got up early, started looking at a map of where I had been and just started typing.
As for how I write and what I write I am quite selfish, I write purely for myself, sometimes they have a theme like this as it's how I felt many times on the ride. You just got to start typing.
On a tour I couldn't do one on a phone or tablet so carrying a laptop would be more clobber. I'll worry about it if I go on tour
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2018, 09:30 PM »
It's a pretty cool idea I must say. Just to be able to recall some of the experiences one has while out on the bike over the years would be really good as I find stories I have in my head from years ago can fade a bit.