Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Now what to call this prize  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Bike bereft
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
Re: Now what to call this prize
« Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Cool

I nominate you for boorishly insisting everyone posts pictures and then twatishly not posting his own.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #21 on: Aug 31, 2018, 08:59 PM »
It could be awarded for something that someone had achieved that is judged to be just dead good, or simpley  spiffing, not necessarily for someone who had made a complete tit of themselves.  :002:

Good job on the very professional looking   :015: :027:  :008: trophy Richard.  Well done :028:

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2018, 09:01 PM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Scarabeus

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Near Cologne
« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2018, 02:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]

Ie parking their new bike in a ditch 🤔

Fortunately, this year the prize has not yet been awarded. I would have been at the top of the list.

Andreas

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Scarabeus [+]
Fortunately, this year the prize has not yet been awarded. I would have been at the top of the list.

Andreas
  Yes Andreas, you would indeed have scooped the prize last year.  Head butting the earth's crust would have definitely been a winner.  You must ensure that you don't match that performance next May.  :008: :008:   :152:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #24 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Well it looks like the thread is void of all nominees, to hold aloft the simply spiffing trophy which was created by Richard. 

So it looks like it will go down to the wire, and be awarded to someone, who in the members opinion, achieves something of great merit. Which could be something like helping an old lady across the road, or maybe giving a distressed sheep the kiss of life.

On the other hand, it could be awarded to a member ( including traitors ) who make an absolute horlicks of something on the day, or indeed a member who makes themselves look a complete and utter tit.   Face planting the earth's crust, or ending up in a ditch, would put you in pole position to scoop the glittering prize.

Any road up, someone will walk away with this amazing award. Which will be held by the winner for a twelve month period.  And then be handed back at next years NVM.   :2:

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #25 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:39 AM »
King Dick did a poll on this.

https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,24567.0.html

Looks like I am winning at the moment with three votes to everyone elses one vote.

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #26 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:44 PM »
An NVM award as distinguished as this one needs a very specific accomplishment behind the glorification. Something proving the winner has shown application, dedication and commitment. An achievement with precise parameters.

Something like: "Swerving to miss a squirrel leading to loss of control, a single vehicle crash, and physical injury requiring medical attention."

:124:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]
An NVM award as distinguished as this one needs a very specific accomplishment behind the glorification. Something proving the winner has shown application, dedication and commitment. An achievement with precise parameters.

Something like: "Swerving to miss a squirrel leading to loss of control, a single vehicle crash, and physical injury requiring medical attention."

:124:
Stewie and his Ditch Monster escapade / first ride can be found HERE  :008:
Richard    :001: 

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #28 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:16 PM »
Thanks for that link, Tower Man. The Stewie / DM episode happened well before my arrival here. He deserves a medal for that one, having made a correct snap decision and then flown into the arms of Lady Luck, for an outcome that was only a pain in the arse rather than an obit.

But this trophy being built for the NVM, this is a different sort of thing. By its very nature, it goes in search of:

* An original poor or needless action taken on flawed thinking
* An immediate further mishandling of the situation that unfolds
* An outcome considerably worse than it might have been

We all have such accomplishments in our record. I have several.

But anyone can revel in the past. Ideally, the winning behavior would be shown on the very ride out where the trophy is awarded. It could be something done on the bike, in a campsite, something involving a waitress or bartender in the presence of the group, something like that.

That way, the winner could be judged or voted on by the entire group, be they eyewitnesses or the part of the crowd exposed to the freshest and most unreliable hearsay of others.

A fringe benefit would be that the winner would be 100% sure to attend the next NVM, being desperate to unload the trophy on the next hapless contestant, go home, take a shower, and put the whole damned thing behind him.  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #29 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:18 PM »
Surprisingly, I am with Tex on this!