Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Silverstone 2018  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
Silverstone 2018
« on: Aug 27, 2018, 09:00 PM »
What a joke, the so called best riders in the world riding the best tech in the world supported by the best teams and engineering in the world, walk away from a race and leave the the fans low and wet.
No one was asking them to kill themselves, motorcycling 101 ride to the conditions. Absolute tossers. Redding had it right, tell the riders to shut up and let's go racing. I admire each and every MotoGP star but they seriously let themself's down appearing to be multimillionaire primadonas or was it simple politics,  Honda and satellites save  loads of points in case Marquez crashes etc etc.
Feel really sorry for those that went and for Silverstone.
MotoGP Circus yep that is about right

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Re: Silverstone 2018
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Silverstone was past its sell by date when we used to go early 80's, bottom line is they resurfaced badly, bumps and hollows and a really poor top surface, time to move it somewhere else, what happened to the Circuit of Wales track, much better option and nicer roads to get there  :028:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena N.I
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2018, 10:58 AM »
My first visit to Silverstone was in 1980, it rained (nowt new there then) in fact it bucketed it down but the racing did take place, admittedly on much less sophisticated machinery.....it took me almost 2 hours to get out of the quagmire of a car park and even longer to escape the traffic jams in and around the circuit.... I swore i wouldn't go again.....BUT.... we went again in 2011, it rained it was cold and windy, we could barely identify who was riding past as the circuit was so far from the stand we were in and guess what ....parking had improved, it only  took us about 1 1/2 hours to get out of the place, its a sh*t hole that I wont be visiting again  :exclamation: 

I've visited Assen, Donnington, Cadwell, Oulton, Knockhill and numerous other circuits on two wheels and  four and NEVER had experiences anything like Silverstone.........Bloody hell I have even visited St Andrews and Carnoustie golf open championships and they use one way systems to ensure free flow of spectator traffic....its not rocket science.

Silverstone deserves all the criticism it gets in my book, and I feel truly sorry for the spectators who sat all day waiting, I hope they get a refund...................as for the reluctant to ride 'GP stars' well................................ :007:   
I do what I like and I like what I do.

There's a difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Rog      (Roger)

Offline Versaki

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Yep!  Agree! Been there (2013) Done that (taking an age to get put of the parking ... and I was on the bike) but no t-shirt ... and never again!
Life is like riding a bike, itís all about balance and momentum, hesitate and stop and youíll fall off!

Offline Dilbert

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2018, 12:09 PM »
I used to go to the racing regularly in the early 80's too, Brands, Mallory, Donnington, Oulton Park, all easy to get in and out of, but Silverstone and Cadwell Park were a nightmare, especially if you were in a car, took my youngest to see Leon Haslam at Cadwell a few years ago and it was still just as bad  :151:

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Donnington can be a nightmare at times.
They do put in a one way system for race days but it can still take a minute or two!

Mallory is ace because I can go though the back lanes and avoid all the traffic.

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2018, 02:20 PM »
Is that also via some ditches as well 🤔

Details HERE  :123A:

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God