Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rear brake lever adjustment / Lower front foot pegs  (Read 457 times)

Offline 2016kawasaki

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
Rear brake lever adjustment / Lower front foot pegs
« on: Sep 14, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Hi, I have a 2016 Versys 650 ABS. I find that the rear brake lever is a bit far down and Id prefer to have quicker and easier access to the lever. Also, i'd like to lower the front foot pegs.

Ive done some research online, and found these Lowering Foot Peg Blocks (https://motowerk.com/products/lowering-foot-peg-blocks-for-kawasaki?variant=15953954243), which seem to have good reviews.

Id like to know:-

-   If anyone has any experience of these?
-   And if so if I lowered the foot pegs, would that resolve my preference of having quicker and easier access to the rear brake lever? Or would I need to buy Lowering Footpegs Brake Lever Nut (https://motowerk.com/products/brake-lever-nut?variant=27609040259) , in order to increase the range of adjustment?

Many thanks!

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God
Re: Rear brake lever adjustment / Lower front foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2018, 08:16 AM »
I've fitted speedys lower footrests to my Versys easy to fit and made it much more comfortable mine is a mark1 model
Jim

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V. 014 V.
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2018, 11:44 AM »

Brake pedal height can be adjusted by turning the threaded rod/nut at the back end.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2018, 04:20 PM »
I think half this forum has Speedy's MotoWerk footpeg lowering blocks, the other half has the suspension lowering block...   :008:  Motowerk makes really nice parts.  Not dirt cheap like some Chinese knock offs, but well worth what you pay for.

As Rob mentioned, the level can be adjusted by turning the threaded rod that goes into the master cylinder.  Keep in mind there are two lock nuts.  If it doesn't turn easily, one of them is still tight.  Also, if you lower the footpegs, you will need to lower the lever a lot more than it is now.  It's not a bad idea to adjust it so you can use the brake, but you'll need to lower it back when you install the lowering blocks.  Also, don't forget to adjust the brake light switch to match, otherwise you brake light will be on all the time.

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline 2016kawasaki

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Brilliant, thanks very much for all your replies. It sounds like these products are well worth it.

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: KDX200, ZRX1200R
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:57 AM »
If you put the lowering blocks on you probably won't need the brake lever lowered.