Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rear brake lever adjustment / Lower front foot pegs  (Read 1429 times)

Offline 2016kawasaki

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
Rear brake lever adjustment / Lower front foot pegs
« on: Sep 14, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Hi, I have a 2016 Versys 650 ABS. I find that the rear brake lever is a bit far down and Id prefer to have quicker and easier access to the lever. Also, i'd like to lower the front foot pegs.

Ive done some research online, and found these Lowering Foot Peg Blocks (https://motowerk.com/products/lowering-foot-peg-blocks-for-kawasaki?variant=15953954243), which seem to have good reviews.

Id like to know:-

-   If anyone has any experience of these?
-   And if so if I lowered the foot pegs, would that resolve my preference of having quicker and easier access to the rear brake lever? Or would I need to buy Lowering Footpegs Brake Lever Nut (https://motowerk.com/products/brake-lever-nut?variant=27609040259) , in order to increase the range of adjustment?

Many thanks!

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God
Re: Rear brake lever adjustment / Lower front foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2018, 08:16 AM »
I've fitted speedys lower footrests to my Versys easy to fit and made it much more comfortable mine is a mark1 model
Jim

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2018, 11:44 AM »

Brake pedal height can be adjusted by turning the threaded rod/nut at the back end.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2018, 04:20 PM »
I think half this forum has Speedy's MotoWerk footpeg lowering blocks, the other half has the suspension lowering block...   :008:  Motowerk makes really nice parts.  Not dirt cheap like some Chinese knock offs, but well worth what you pay for.

As Rob mentioned, the level can be adjusted by turning the threaded rod that goes into the master cylinder.  Keep in mind there are two lock nuts.  If it doesn't turn easily, one of them is still tight.  Also, if you lower the footpegs, you will need to lower the lever a lot more than it is now.  It's not a bad idea to adjust it so you can use the brake, but you'll need to lower it back when you install the lowering blocks.  Also, don't forget to adjust the brake light switch to match, otherwise you brake light will be on all the time.

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline 2016kawasaki

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 650
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Brilliant, thanks very much for all your replies. It sounds like these products are well worth it.

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: KDX200, ZRX1200R
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:57 AM »
If you put the lowering blocks on you probably won't need the brake lever lowered.

Offline 16VGTIDave

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2011 V650
  • City / Town: Drumbo On Canada
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2018, 05:22 PM »
Can anyone suggest another foot peg lowering solution? I contacted Motowerks regarding placing an order. I don't want to get in to details, but won't be doing business with them.

I'd still like to lower the pegs on my Gen 2 V650 due to my 33" inseam.

Thanks,
Dave
2011 V650, well accessorized.
I may be new here, but I'm not "new".

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2018, 06:09 PM »
That's strange I always thought Speedy was a stand up type of guy.
A lot of people have his kit and seem very happy with the kit and the service.

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2018, 06:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
That's strange I always thought Speedy was a stand up type of guy.
A lot of people have his kit and seem very happy with the kit and the service.
Stewie.

There is always two sides to the story and it is fully detailed on the V.com site:

Entitled "Frustrating Vendor", but I would call it something else - Prize for the best suggestion  :027:

*Originally Posted by 16VGTIDave;1597319
Frustrating Vendor

I just tried to place an order for some parts with a small but reputable US vendor (well known here for their machined aluminium parts). Their online ordering system would not accept a shipping address other than my credit card address. This isn't unusual, and has been a source of frustration for me over the past 20 years as my mailing address is different from my shipping address (thank you Canada Post!). That said, most vendors allow for gift shipping. In this case I wished to have the order, a Christmas gift, shipped to my sister who lives in the US.

So, I emailed the vendor and asked how I could place an order with gift shipping to my sister. I received a reply promptly from the vendor that said they wouldn't accept orders that weren't shipped to the credit card holder's address due to issues in the past. Their suggestion was to have my sister place the order. However, as the parts were to be a gift for my sister, this wasn't an option. If I were to have the order shipped to me, I'd have to pay international shipping (approx 50% the cost of the order, or 100% for expedited shipping), plus any duties, fees, taxes etc. to bring the order into Canada. Then, I'd have to hope and pray that our postal service (who is on rotating strike and about to stop delivering ALL international shipments) would deliver the parcel to me in time for me to ship it back to the US, :USA: all before Christmas. I emailed the vendor back and asked if they sold their products through other channels such as Amazon, eBay, etc. and got a 1 word reply of "no". :thanx:

It appeared that there was no way this was going work. Too expensive (sorry Sis!) and highly unlikely to succeed (screw you Canada Post unionized non-workers!). At no time did the vendor suggest using G-Pay or Apple Pay, which are their other accepted forms of payment. It is easy and painless to add additional address' to these services. :mad: ARGHHH!!!! :mad: I got myself all frustrated for no good reason! The vendor almost lost a sale, and most likely me as a returning customer/ambassador. What business can afford to do that? Especially a small business??? :confused:

I'll be placing my order next week, once my sister is back home from Thanksgiving travels and can receive the parcel. She better not unwrap it before Christmas!

Richard  :138:
Richard    :001:           

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: GSX S1000
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2018, 06:36 PM »
I don't see Speedys side.