Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: EBC brake pads  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Wakasaki

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2015
  • City / Town: Bratislava
Re: EBC brake pads
« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2019, 03:25 PM »
yeah, so i bought two rear brakes instead of two front brakes.
learn from my mystakes - FA142 is front, FA140 is rear  :023:

TowerMan even properly marked them in his post, I just didn't noted that and remembered only the numbers, thinking 142 is more than 140 so it must be the rear one  :138:
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2019, 03:44 PM by Wakasaki »

Offline Wavy Davy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 gt
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2019, 11:53 PM »
Only had 7300 mile out of my rear ones, which is strange as I very rarely use the back brake. Bought the new ones and noticed they are chamfered, when I put them in I had a terrible scraping noise. It looks like I have a slight warp in the disc, so goodbye to another 140.00.
Don't worry be happy!

Offline Wakasaki

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2015
  • City / Town: Bratislava
« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2019, 05:13 PM »
no, that is perfectly fine for new brake pads. it takes time to scrape off the layer to match the disc and calipers position. the disc will warp anyhow because these and majority of normal brake calipers only have pistons on one side, not both. so the pressure comes from one side only, hence the disc will always be slightly bent towards the passive brake pad. if you have a "waved" disc, then there is an issue but I don't think that is your case. keep calm and ride on  :123A: