Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: versys insurance Quote  (Read 6669 times)

Offline McVicar

• Versys Pro
  • Berrow, Somerset
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Berrow, Somerset
Re: versys insurance Quote
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2020, 12:24 PM »
I use go compare. Fill in your details once and if your circumstances haven't changed, thats it. Or if you change bikes just change that. Every year they automatically  send me quotes about a month before renewal, so when your renewal arrives you know how much you can get it for elsewhere.  Then if renewal seems a bit steep, I ring them, tell them what other quotes I have. They either match or come close or I move. To move then it's just a click of a button and reinsure online.

Offline mac one

• Versys God
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2020, 12:29 PM »
Did you ask them why Clunky ?

Offline oldleathers

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: MK2 versys 650
  • City / Town: Aberdaron
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Be careful with Gocompare  last year I took out my bike insurance with them and when I got the policy which was with Bennetts Co- habiting had changed to married, none of the bike extras had gone on the policy although I had ticked all the relevant boxes on the Gocompare site, rang Bennetts who wanted another 40 so I cancelled and had a full refund. By now my insurance had run out so I rang my original insurer Devetts who had put my renewal up by I think 90 (2020) hence going to Gocompare, Devetts said because my insurance had run out they would have to do a new quote and guess what not only was it cheaper than the renewal quote it was cheaper than what I paid in 2019 with them, what a rip off.

So this year I'm going to let it run out by one day with Devetts ring them and I will post what the outcome is, hopefully cheaper then the renewal again. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you live somewhere where your bike is at risk.

Brian

Offline Davo

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: CB500F Versys650
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2020, 10:47 PM »
Hastings direct for mine, fully comp 150 excess all for 76.

The renewal price was 110 rang them and they got it down to 76, worth 40mins on the phone with them.

Offline 2WheelDev

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2007 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Teddington
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Just renewed mine with Lexham who have been great. I get stung having only 2yr NCD and living in London with no garage!

Offline McVicar

• Versys Pro
  • Berrow, Somerset
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Berrow, Somerset
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2020, 12:24 PM »
I changed this year to Hastings Direct. Fully comp, protected no claims. 76.03.
No phone call, that was the price quoted on Go Compare. All done online.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2020, 12:26 PM by McVicar »

Offline 2WheelDev

• Versys Member
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2020, 12:28 PM »
I look forward to having insurance that cheap!

Even my car costs me 360/year fully comp! BIke this year was 490 TPFT.

Offline mac one

• Versys God
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Not really sure why but fully comp is generally cheaper than third party fire and theft these days.

Offline 2WheelDev

• Versys Member
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Looking at an online quote still seems to show fully comp being about 200 more than TPFT... I know location makes a huge difference so maybe that affects it!

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2020, 08:18 AM »
Found time yesterday to shop around and tried Bennetts, Carole Nash and MCN Go compare. Now my original Hastings quote was for Fully Comp, Class A buisness, parked on driveway overnight, 3.5K , legal, leather and helmet cover 150 excess.
None of those I tried could actually beat the Hastings quote and that wass without Class A and parked in garage, they all looked liked they would be cheaper but when I ask for the specifics it was more expensive,including a hastings quote from MCN compare.
Got on the phone to Hastings , took forever but eventually got through to this guy, he asked if I had shopped around and I said yes and I can get it for roughly what I paid last year 132 not the 190 you have now quoted, he says really, hmm.
And this is hwre it got intresting, he says the online oquote you just got a few mins ago doesn't look like it would be cheaper and he starts to run through the diffrences between the on line quote and the one I recieved from them via renewal. I am pretty certain he wasnt just looking at his hastings quote online but all the quotes that came back from MCN compare s very conversationally he was saying some companies if you look have bigger excesses, some wont cover class a and so on.
Anyway we did the dance, I took class A out as I now work from home full time and no longer need it, it only used to add avbout 10 but anything to get the quote down. eventually he comes back and say how about I can now beat least years if yu Go 200 excess. 120 yep that'll do for me.
So in my case shopping around wasnt cheaper and be careful if you get online quotes and then ring the insurance companies to discuss renewal, I get that they would no doubt have their online quotes but it seems that with hastings at least they seem to see your whole MCN compare quotes.
MOT today and i might even buy some tax, forgotten all about both of them until yesterday
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2