Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Why flying v2  (Read 426 times)

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Member
  • Careful now
  • Bike: Xsr700
  • City / Town: Hednesford
Why flying v2
« on: Dec 02, 2018, 10:15 PM »
Hi you may remember me from such versys meets as moffat and that one in Wales along with 5% of the New forest......
Basically the Mrs as brought me a Lenovo tablet thing but having forgot my password but also having changed my email address and with my VERY limited computer skills I simply found it impossible to log on.
So please make allowance for this flying v as become flying V2.
Just booked up for nvm in the sensational hawes and it fantastic surrounding roads and countryside but obviously what makes the event is the incredible characters that the versys and this brilliant forum as brought together.
I'm going out on my bike.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
Re: Why flying v2
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Well done that man.  And it will be lovely to see you back in the fold.

You have obviously done the Dales before, so you will already know that the whole area is simply stunning.   :2:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:25 AM »

Welcome back, f.V.

But your new name  :notsure:.  They weren't  popular in the U.K. around the time I was born iirc . Frightened the horses ... and worse  :015: .

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2018, 06:49 PM »
welcome
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Member
  • Careful now
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Thanks lads looking forward to seeing you all at NVM,  dispite two bikes since my versys 650 I have visited this forum everyday.
Just like whiskey Dave found there is no forum to compare with the folk on here.
My vanvan forum is excellent and second to none for help and advice saving new riders lots of money with walk through guides etc
My first forum was back in 2003 and although other platforms have arrived my motorcycling as been enriched by them.
Flying cub= c90 forum
Flying circus = vanvan and f800 forum
Flying tiger = tiger explorer forum
Flying V = versys forum
The iron giant = xsr700 owners forum
I don't get out much!

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:51 PM »
Flying V2, some good choices of bike in your list, I have always really fancied the VanVan (C90 as well but the price of them has gone through the roof) but being just a 125cc I thought I might struggle to come to terms with the queue of cars on my tail on any decent road.  They are the best styled 125 by a country mile (sorry Stewie ) and it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on ownership.
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Member
  • Careful now
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2018, 08:09 PM »
I decided a while that modern life is rubbish sadly I have not been able to build a time machine so did the next best thing and decided to live in the seventies. Vanvan and xsr700 both have strong links to the seventies but also feature brakes that stop you and headlights that allow you see were your going.
Sadly vanvans 14 year production run came to a end mainly because of it's rear drum brake sad but true.
After 5 years and 16K on the 125 I upgraded to the 200cc version imho the bike looks brilliant the 180 section back tyre laughs at pot holes build quality is excellent being a Japanese Suzuki...  summer evening slade on iPod and it is 1977 again.

Offline oldleathers

• Versys Member
  • Bike: MK2 versys 650
  • City / Town: Stafford
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Good to read your posts again Flying V2  RAC/ACU brother.

Regards
Oldleathers

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Member
  • Careful now
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2018, 09:37 PM »
Thanks for that my friend, have had a change of avatar you may recognize kickstart ogri's dog.
Saw Lads out learning to ride bikes today over junction 10 M6 I said to my Mrs worth it to get that magic letter A on your licence. My weeks on the rac/acu scheme were magical riding the Batavus go go because I was still 16  and then to pass my motorcycle test on a Honda c50 with 70 head barrel and piston seems unbelievable now, my brother was waiting with back up bike and said i was riding for less then 9 minutes!  Now it can take 7 tests to get your bike licence, nanny state.
Had a night out in Stafford last week what a transformation.  Couple a pints in spoons at old cinema then across the road to new Odeon with leather reclining seats.
Anyone not seen bohemian rhapsody yet I strongly recommend it.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018, 09:50 PM by Flying v2 »

Offline oldleathers

• Versys Member
  • Bike: MK2 versys 650
  • City / Town: Stafford
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2018, 09:59 PM »
Yes them were the days. Been thinking about taking Mrs Oldleathers to try out the new leather seats in the Odeon. My Honda SS50 engine gave up the ghost on me back in the 70s, put me off Honda's for life, mind you my KE175 wasn't much better. Bikes have come along way since them there days.

Oldleathers