Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: just a quickie  (Read 651 times)

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Re: just a quickie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
Looks like a nice trip, Wal.  Good pics too.   :028:     What camera did you get?

I liked your pic with the Japanese fans.  I'm sure they were disappointed you replaced the Tracer with that T800, but looks like you won them over anyway.   :008:

Man, you are a lot tougher than I am.  If it's around 10 for a long period (let alone below), my heated gear is on.    :43:

And good job not letting the bikes take a nap like that other time...    :biker1: :biker1:

Gustavo

got a new point and shoot, Nikon Coolpix A10, i'm amazed at the clarity and definition for a 70 camera..i chose this model because I wanted battery operation, no charger to carry, ....just have to learn your on the fly technique now... :015:  I think I wiped the pics by mistake when downloading to laptop... :138:

https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/product/digital-cameras/coolpix/beautifully-simple/coolpix-a10-silver

luckily I don't feel the cold too badly, surprising when i'm pretty skinny, not much body fat.. :027:  I used the heated waistcoat once for the last 30 miles into Basel as it had dropped to 3-4 degs, that was it, didn't use heated gloves at all (Gerbings)  I did use them as backup (unplugged) when my other pair were soaked in 4 hrs of rain from France to Belgium....besides, 10 degs is summer in Northumberland... :008:

I just bought a new Alpinestars Andes textile suit, warm with just a thin fleece down to 5 degs  :43:
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2018, 08:13 PM by Wal »

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oldplodder [+]
I admire your courage to go this time of the year. I do not possess heated gear but wish I could afford it.

Nice quickie report.

Dave T

Dave, I just have one of these, not too expensive, if it gets down to  4 degs, I just slip it on on top of my fleece, (under jacket) does the job

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/102586
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2018, 08:09 PM by Wal »

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: Back in business
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:12 PM »
Sigh  :003:

I need to get more adventurous again  :biker1:

Thanks Wal. Enjoyed that  :028:
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline mike5100

• Versys God
  • Durham
  • Bike: NC750X 2016
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:34 AM »

"Man, you are a lot tougher than I am.  If it's around 10 for a long period (let alone below), my heated gear is on.    :43:

Gustavo"

Yeah me too Gustavo.  Mine's on very often in May and October in the UK - particularly if riding home at 10pm
Best money I ever invested in anything biker rleated
Mike
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2018, 08:35 AM by mike5100 »

Offline mike5100

• Versys God
  • Durham
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by Wal [+]

Dave, I just have one of these, not too expensive, if it gets down to  4 degs, I just slip it on on top of my fleece, (under jacket) does the job

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/102586
That Keis sleeveless thing is what I started with and it was absolutely excellent - until panels stopped working.  Eventually only one of the 4 panels was live.  It's a shame because they sold a neat battery with built in controller, that fits in the inside pocket.  So if You were off the bike for any length of time in winter you could use this little Lion battery (usually set on position 2 out of 5 so it could last several hours.  I gave up on Keis after the second pair of their insoles stopped working and their inner gloves never gave out any heat.  Switched to Gerbings for the gloves and like Wal says these are excellent gloves even if you don't use the heated aspects.  My other heated gear is all Warm-n-Safe - probably originally on Gustavo's recommendation.
Mike

Offline mike5100

• Versys God
  • Durham
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Here's a shot from the centre of Antwerp, taken on my satnav  :001:
Mike

Offline jim ballantyne

• Versys God