Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New member / New rider  (Read 845 times)

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin AS
  • City / Town: Co Durham
Re: New member / New rider
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Welcome Bumblebee...just "beehive" yourself until you get youre confidence up.

:biker1:

:031:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Online DavidA

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Verys650 MK3
  • City / Town: Newry
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2019, 10:44 PM »
Welcome best bike and in the best colour although others may not agree

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: KDX200, ZRX1200R
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:23 AM »
G'day from down under, the Versys 650 is an awesome choice. Please do yourself and your family a favour and do a riding course ASAP.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2019, 01:43 PM »
 :185:  To the forum Mr Bee.   My advice on your new adventure into motorcycling is learn to walk before you learn to run.

Whilst motorcycling is a fantastic way of getting about, be that commuting, or just sheer pleasure. It also has a knack of biting you. You must be alert and on guard the whole time, anything less could end it tears.

If your mate with the Versys 1000 is a sensible chap, maybe he could take you under his wing and cajole you along. You will need help, but only from people who appreciate your lack of skills and vulnerability.

But you will slowly master the art of riding a bike, and the pleasure that will bring will be immense.  So steady away, learn the skills that we all need, and thoroughly enjoy your new passtime. You will soon pick up the knack of riding a bike safely, and the massive feeling of deep joy that goes with it.    Enjoy.   cheers   Geoff  :152:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline gicut58

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 '14
  • City / Town: St Snots
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Ey Oop Bumblebee,

Welcome to the club! (bit late but hey ho)

I'm just down the road from you and know the A14 round here well. Only issues I've come across are the traffic (obviously) and the damn roadworks going on both north and south of Brampton Hut roundabout (A1/A14 Huntingdon). BTW careful going round that, they come at you from all sides and I've nearly come a cropper twice accelerating away and going over a patch of oil or petrol - your back end swings out from under you.

Talking Bikesafe, they do it at Huntingdon, I've booked in for the first one this year in April, google it, dead easy.
I went to NVM last year, am down for it this year, and I have never met such a motley bunch of drunkard ne'er do wells before..... and therefore a cracking weekend!
Go if you can. If you fancy a ride out sometime, shout!

G
Versys 650 '14
Status S2, GB Shuttle 6.0,TC Helicon, Cubase an' other stuff

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2019, 12:07 PM »
 :185: :185: :185:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Bumblebee

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Northants
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Thanks again for the further advice gents. Glad to say I've booked on the BikeSafe course in Huntingdon so will see Gicut58 there   :152:  Looking forward to meeting you and gaining some valuable experience.   :biker1:

Also planning to attend the NVM this year. Will there be any B&B's left with vacancies for late comers?  Any recommendations?

BB

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • Lovin' it.
  • Bike: V1K Mk1 -GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:31 PM »
If you look under 'Tourist Information for Hawes', they usually have a list for you to start at the top and work down. Never yet failed to find somewhere close to town when I have tried this previously.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bumblebee [+]
Thanks again for the further advice gents. Glad to say I've booked on the BikeSafe course in Huntingdon so will see Gicut58 there   :152:  Looking forward to meeting you and gaining some valuable experience.   :biker1:

Also planning to attend the NVM this year. Will there be any B&B's left with vacancies for late comers?  Any recommendations?

BB
  Lots of B & B in Hawes.    You just have to book early.   :152:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?