Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Mk 1 to Mk 2 Front end Conversion  (Read 232 times)

Offline walshymatt

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys CAF 2011
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Mk 1 to Mk 2 Front end Conversion
« on: Jan 08, 2019, 11:24 PM »
So the situation is...

My 2011 Mk 2 Versys got wrote off in a crash and the money that they have paid out to me isn't really enough to buy another Mk2 ( unless its got really high mileage) so I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their Mk1 to look like the Mk2 at the front end, e.g. Headlight and plastics.
Is it easy to do?
Are there any specific kits?
about how much does it cost roughly?

I just can't stand the look of the front end of the Mk1. I know some people love it but unfortunately I don't.

Thanks
Matt
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2019, 11:44 PM by walshymatt »

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: Mk 1 to Mk 2 Front end Conversion
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:06 PM »
This was discussed a long time ago and IIRC, the problem is that due to the different look, the mounting points for the plastics are different.  You basically have to graft an entire front end (including fairing supports) and tank to make it work.  Probably not cheap unless you find a bike in good shape at the breakers to use as donor.

Gustavo
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2019, 05:07 PM by Gustavo »
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline kevin..in

• Versys God
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
Re: Mk 1 to Mk 2 Front end Conversion
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:54 PM »
if you bought a decent mk1 and then changed all the bits that are visually different between mk1 and mk2 it would cost way more than the best mk2 you could afford, even factoring in selling the mk1 parts to offset some of the cost. So i'd say your plan is a none starter really, also none of the fugly bits of a mk1 are really visible when you are riding it anyway so who cares?  :027: