I picked up a white 2015 Versys 650 GT yesterday so I thought I would drop in and say "hello".
I live in London and also own a slightly elderly Fireblade which, come April, will cost me £12.50 to ride into town.
I'm not quite ready to sell the Blade so thought I would get something which would be a proper contrast, as well as being OK to take into the new Ultra Low Emissions Zone.
This one has been well-used by two previous owners but seems to be in pretty good shape. It's mostly standard apart from SW Motech crash bars, and I got the dealer to fit some new heated grips as part of the deal.
A few quick questions :
- headlights - I've just noticed that when they're dipped only one side is on. Both come on when you switch to full beam, As the bike passed an MOT this week, I assume this just how they work but it's a new one on me so would be grateful if someone could confirm...
- I took it for a quick blast yesterday before the weather closed in and it's pretty comfortable - the main thing that bothered me was that the brake pedal seemed to be low - felt like quite a big dip with my right foot to operate it. Is this adjustable ?
- there is some kind of aftermarket sat nav bracket fitted above the dash - i'll want at some point to be able to attach a phone case using one of those RAM ball things - anyone else done similar and can recommend a good solution ?
- also, is there a recommended converter for the 12v socket to be able to connect a USB cable ?
- the bike has no hugger and i usually like to fit these. As the coffers are a bit depleted I was looking at some cheap Chinese options on eBay (around £30) and wondering if anyone has any experience of them ?
Oh, a couple of pics :