Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Trousers riding up shin...  (Read 1296 times)

Offline mike5100

• Versys God
  • Durham
  • Bike: NC750X 2016
Re: Trousers riding up shin...
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
I assume you know your inseam, figure in the seated position you want riding pants to be at least 2 inches longer than what you normally wear.  ......
Gustavo
The problem with that though is that when you get off the bike to go in a caff you look like a teenage snowboarder.  The elastic straps do seem to work, but you have to stand on the pegs every now and then to let them do their job.
Mike

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Now if we could only keep the underwear from riding up...  :125:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by mike5100 [+]
The problem with that though is that when you get off the bike to go in a caff you look like a teenage snowboarder. 

They are riding pants, not coffee shop posing pants...   :whistle:

Seriously, I wear riding pants for the protection, not for how they look (should have been obvious by looking at some of my off-bike pics...  :138:).  Yeah, they do seem too long when off the bike.  So what?  I am willing to take the risk that MC Vogue won't invite me to be on their cover any time soon.   :008:

Gustavo

Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline mike5100

• Versys God
  • Durham
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2019, 06:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]
Now if we could only keep the underwear from riding up...  :125:
These seem to work for me TallTex.
I bought 3 pairs which have lasted very well in about 20 washes, and I'm just about to buy more pairs because even though they look like they might be warm in summer they seem to work very well - especially for cycling.
Mike
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/under-armour-the-original-6-boxerjock-1/

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:05 PM »
Hey, thanks. Will look into those shorts.

PS: I came close to buying a used NC700XDCT, but ended up keeping my Versys 1K and getting a Yamaha Xmax to get into twist 'n go riding. Which I do enjoy a lot. But as of 2018, the US finally got the NC750X, so still keeping an eye on the idea. But I also have a real interest in the Versys 650, so... confusion and indecision continues...  :138:

The business of researching and test riding and thinking about other bikes is half the fun.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline mike5100

• Versys God
  • Durham
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2019, 08:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]
Hey, thanks. Will look into those shorts.

PS: I came close to buying a used NC700XDCT, but ended up keeping my Versys 1K and getting a Yamaha Xmax to get into twist 'n go riding. Which I do enjoy a lot. But as of 2018, the US finally got the NC750X, so still keeping an eye on the idea. But I also have a real interest in the Versys 650, so... confusion and indecision continues...  :138:

The business of researching and test riding and thinking about other bikes is half the fun.
I should change my profile as I don't have the NC750X any more.  I had 3 of them but a couple of years ago traded up to this:
Mike

Offline lwsg296

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Chepstow
« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Thank goodness I am not the only one with this issue, this weekend was hell with the pants constantly iding up the shins. Worse part is my trousers are from a time when i had a lot more girth. but the legs are still the same length. :033:

I am due a new pair of pants ( If can persuade the missus) guess will have to go with a longer leg/shin.