Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Planning routes for Tomtom Rider  (Read 469 times)

Offline uralrob

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 08 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
Re: Planning routes for Tomtom Rider
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:31 PM »

So that's what you do on cloudy days, Gustavo  :028: .
I've sometimes wondered  :2: .

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline johnboy51

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Rugby
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2019, 02:50 PM »
To be honest I have a foot in both camps.
I agree with Gustavo that some of the best rides come from getting lost, however if you have a long ride or need to be somewhere specific with a deadline like a ferry then a satnav comes into its own.

I also like having the satnav on just tracking the route to give you an idea where you are in relation to where you want to go. Quite reassuring.

My pet irritant with the Tomtom Rider is the insistence on applying Faster, Eco, Shortest, Winding etc. to any downloaded map(track) which purposely avoids places unless you've added that point as a specific way point. I haven't managed to find a way to switch off this interference. And again like a lot of satnavs the literal application of 'shortest'  which takes a short cut via a cart track/housing estate with speed bumps.

So I'll continue with a good map a written plan and the satnav. Maybe I'll get where I'm going and find some surprises too.

Cheers JB

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2019, 03:05 PM »
I agree JB. most of the really good stuff that I have found over many years of biking, has been a happy accident.   Like !!!!!!!!!!!!  Mmmmmmm I wonder where that goes  :question:.  Here is a jem that I stumbled across many years ago.      Watendlath. including the Surprise  view, and the cafe at the end of the road.       Wonderful  :152:       Serendipity. 
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Clubpenguin

• Versys Pro
  • hyde
  • Bike: versys grand
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Iíve got a tomtom vio, cannot download maps so itís part that, part map and follow everyone else.  Just donít let me go in front 😂😂😂
chris and keeley