Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: USB Port for Mk2 Versys  (Read 476 times)

Offline Finnegan

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Mk 2 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Preston
USB Port for Mk2 Versys
« on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Hi
I'm sure this has been discussed before but a quick search didn't through anything up.
I'm after putting a USB port in just to the left of the dashboard and Im looking for recommendations. I'm off on a long trip so need to charge my phone while I'm away.
Many thanks.
Happiness is taking things as they are.

Offline mac one

• Versys Master
Re: USB Port for Mk2 Versys
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2019, 05:19 PM »
If you fit one also fit a switch  it to stop your battery draining if it gets parked up for a while,
not sure how long it would take to drain the battery but someone will come along soon with the answer.

Offline v8ster

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2010 650 A9f
  • City / Town: E-mids/somerset
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2019, 07:15 AM »
If you've got an optimate connector on the battery you can plug into that and run it along the loom or similar. This one's got plenty of kick https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/optimate-33a-usb-charger either that or get a Chinese or a boat 12v socket and switch it but make sure its at least 2.4a output or you'll barely gain anything on phone charge
Rob.

Offline NewburyMike

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2009
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Finnegan,
I'm not sure if you found a solution yet, but I fitted one of these to my MK1 (by cutting as neat circular hole in the plastic) and it has worked out really well. 2 x Powerful charging sockets, waterproof cover, and a voltage indicator that has proved very useful.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013G7OIH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mike

Offline Finnegan

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Mk 2 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2019, 10:20 PM »
@Newburymike
I'd bought one very similar to this but without the LED.
Just need to drill the hole  :001:
Happiness is taking things as they are.