Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Aftermarket exhaust 650 2007  (Read 1719 times)

Offline John Fleming

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2007
  • City / Town: Bathgate
Aftermarket exhaust 650 2007
« on: Feb 24, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Hi Troops.

Thinking of an aftermarket exhaust on my 07 model due to the current one approaching the end of its life. Already been repaired by a previous owner.

I am not looking to break the bank on this and wondered what suggestions are out there? Value the opinion of this group. Will consider second hand for the right condition and price. Thanks in advance.

John Fleming.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019, 07:39 PM by John Fleming »

Offline hargy

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: Wigan
Re: Aftermarket exhaust 650 2007
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2019, 02:34 PM »
I have just had to replace my standard exhaust with a after market as I didn't fancy forking out $600+  for a new Kawasaki exhaust.   I have a delkevic.  Cant make my mind up if it is loud or just a different noise than I am use too.   

I have had it fitted for about a week.   Not turning heads that I have noticed.   Although I would say that the insurance company have considered it a Cosmetic none performance modification and charged me an extra 40 (for the last 3 months of my policy,30 of which is a administration fee. )

Offline Galwayversys

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Few...
  • City / Town: Galway - Ireland
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:46 AM »
I have a Black Widow can on my  '12 V650, I really like the sound of it and it was very reasonable price wise. With the baffle in it's loud enough to make card notice you in traffic, but not so that it gets annoying, even on long trips.

This is what I have: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-WIDOW-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-SILENCER-END-CAN-230mm-OVAL-SLIP-ON-230SS-/152303009150

Offline John Fleming

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2007
  • City / Town: Bathgate
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply lads, will look into both these exhaust, MCN bike show in Edinburgh this weekend will also have a good look there aswell. Appreciate your input.

Offline fr499y

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:14 AM »
I had a delkevic on my old ER6F and about to fit a black widow 300mm on my versys ( if i can get the lambda sensor out! ) Prefer the look of the black widow ( without the horrid sticker on ) to the delkevic, only because they changed the outlet design on there standard exhausts. Prefer the old fashioned roll tip to the new flat tip.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 11:15 AM by fr499y »

Offline Sabresdad

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: mk1 versys 650
  • City / Town: NorthumberlandX
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2019, 08:35 PM »
As a matter of interest has anyone fitted the Black Widow High Level System designed for the ER6 N to a similar age Versys, mine is going to need an exhaust fairly soon and I  do not like the standard underslung pipes

Offline Sabresdad

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: mk1 versys 650
  • City / Town: NorthumberlandX
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2019, 07:42 PM »
Well on mine the high level will have to wait, my distress purchase of the month is a set of Black Widow headers .

The joint between the headers and pipes was leaking , as the clamp had rotted off  I replaced it and the gasket whilst I had the silencer off and the thing was still blowing.

After much cursing and swearing and application of intense heat I managed to get the exhaust nuts off without snapping the studs , once off it was obvious that the pipe on the end of the headers that leads into the silencer was full of tiny pin holes where for some reason Kawasaki decided to put in a step by compressing the pipe to form a ridge for the silencer to butt up against.

Looked at a couple of used sets of headers and all of them were rotted in the same place ....................... stupid piece of design.

Anyway hopefully the new pipes will turn up before the weekend

Offline Bustermonkey

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 VERSYS 650
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2019, 07:59 PM »
I liked the look and sound of the black widow exhaust for my 2018 V650. I then found this and thought it was different. The wife said she would buy it for my birthday. Was meant to get it today.  Got phone call today saying manufacturer hasnt any stock left.

Offline Bustermonkey

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 VERSYS 650
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2019, 08:53 AM »
I meant to say, that it isnt affecting my insurance at all.

Offline banditjon23

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2013 Versys 650
  • City / Town: High Wycombe
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Hi.

I was considering one of these so thanks for the post. Was it easy to fit and come with all the necessary?
What did you do reference the o2 sensor?

Thanks.