Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Versys 650 intermittent start issue  (Read 668 times)

Offline InverterMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 15 Versys
  • City / Town: Kitchener
Re: Versys 650 intermittent start issue
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2019, 11:59 PM »
This problem you have is similar to what several people have had now, except no code shown. What was found, now in 3 cases was moisture in the vehicle down sensor, this does not throw a code, the bike will crank over but power to the fuel pump and stick coils is interrupted . Surprisingly this was on a 2015 in the latest case. Also on a 2014 where the Kawsaki mechanics spent over 6 hours over several days and finally nailed it down. There is a work around to prove this that I have developed.

Offline InverterMan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2019, 12:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jmclad1981 [+]
Cool, thanks, will give that a go this weekend.

Any tips on the fasteners, how do you get them off, don't want to break them...

Also, would this fit a 2015 engine? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-KLE650-650-Versys-FHFA-Spec-Edition-2017-Throttle-Bodies-219/192556145025

Thanks,
Get your owners manual out, page 107 & 108 , quick rivets , push pins in 1/8 inch, remove pin, pop pin out to reinstall , press pin flush.

Offline Jmclad1981

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Thanks for the help InverterMan!

I'm going to check the tilt/ down sensor later this evening. The following post suggests it's under the left front fairing - https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,16505.msg210450.html#msg210450

Any definites on where it is?

Thanks!

Offline InverterMan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2019, 06:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jmclad1981 [+]
Thanks for the help InverterMan!

I'm going to check the tilt/ down sensor later this evening. The following post suggests it's under the left front fairing - https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,16505.msg210450.html#msg210450

Any definites on where it is?

Thanks!

Just a reminder this is symptom of  a problem when it won't start, key off and on and then it starts with no malfunction light coming on. I had someone with this problem take their sensor apart several days after they had replaced it, they found moisture inside. This person stored their bike outside and had been in several rain storms .If this is your problem, no codes and similar starting problems, and you are out of warranty, post back, as I have a work around to prove this, actually PM me , this is my development and this site has limited copywrite posting, cost of parts about $3.

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2019, 06:33 PM by InverterMan »