Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.


Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hugger on a lowered versys  (Read 791 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline supamag

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 24
  • City / Town: PORTSMOUTH
  • Country: england
Re: Hugger on a lowered versys
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wavy Davy [+]
Itís a powerbronze.

Could you post some pictures of it fitted, been looking at mine and I think the lustylink blocks the one mounting point.

Offline 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1175
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
  • Country: gb
Re: Hugger on a lowered versys
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2019, 03:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by supamag [+]
Could you post some pictures of it fitted, been looking at mine and I think the lustylink blocks the one mounting point.
  Don't buy a Pyramid hugger.  Both mine and my mate Peter's broke inside 2 thousand miles.  Pyramid stated that the warranty replacements were a modified version, but they are identical.

So I'm expecting the replacement to suffer the same fate.    Soon.   :125:
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2019, 03:12 PM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline TowerMan

  • Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • *
  • Posts: 7480
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
  • Country: scotland
Re: Hugger on a lowered versys
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2019, 05:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
  Don't buy a Pyramid hugger.  Both mine and my mate Peter's broke inside 2 thousand miles.  Pyramid stated that the warranty replacements were a modified version, but they are identical.

So I'm expecting the replacement to suffer the same fate.    Soon.   :125:
Geoff

Is your Hugger this one  :question:



OR this one from PP  :027:



I have the latter and it has lasted 10 years without cracking  :028: :028:

Richard  :001:
                          Details HERE  :123A:

Offline 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1175
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
  • Country: gb
Re: Hugger on a lowered versys
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2019, 06:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Geoff

Is your Hugger this one  :question:



OR this one from PP  :027:



I have the latter and it has lasted 10 years without cracking  :028: :028:

Richard  :001: 
    The first one    :151:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline supamag

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 24
  • City / Town: PORTSMOUTH
  • Country: england
Re: Hugger on a lowered versys
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Looking at that 2nd image I can see where there are going to be issues on my bike, the hole for the front right section to screw in to is partly covered by the lust lowering linkage on the bike might need a bit of filing to get a hugger fitted.

Offline Wavy Davy

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 96
  • Bike: Versys 650 gt
  • City / Town: South Shields
  • Country: gb
Re: Hugger on a lowered versys
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2019, 10:09 PM »
Itís a powerbronze.
Don't worry be happy!