Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Flush Mounted Front Indicators  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: Not enough space
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
Re: Flush Mounted Front Indicators
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by STOKIE [+]
Hi Maverick
                    I have the white Barkbuster running lights fitted to my handguards and they look and work very good (should at the price I know), I'm also considering the Barkbuster flashers as I think they would go together well and then I could remove my original front flashers and use the space for some LED spots. Don't know about the legality about the Barkbuster flashers mounted up there, would have to check it out.

The Multistradas only front indicators are legal I assume? That's what gave me the idea. I wrote to BarkBusters and suggested running lights combined with indicators combined into 1 unit, they said they would look into it.

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2020, 07:04 PM by Maverick »

Offline jkristjan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2019
  • City / Town: Tallinn
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2020, 09:44 PM »
Got an idea and as it costs nothing, I will most probably try it next time I work on my bike. I will weaken the mounting shafts of the front indicators to make them sacrificial. I think I will use a hacksaw blade and go around the shaft, which is basically a hollow plastic tube, cutting about 1/2 way into the surface, then additionally open up the front and bottom of the shaft, then cover it with some black duct tape to avoid crap and water getting in. With some luck and dead reckoning, I should have myself a pair of indicators that will snap off much more easily and will not crack the fairing in a minor drop. Whaddayathink?

Offline runtothehills

• Versys Pro
  • Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana
  • Bike: 09 MK1 V650 ABS
  • City / Town: Cardigan
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:23 PM »
Mine fell over unattended last week.... broke the indicator and cracked the fairing landing on soft ground! So sacrificing the indicator may not save the fairing. Stupidly I parked on soft ground and the stand sunk in within half an hour. :138: In some ways it  was a relief as when I first walked back towards my bike I couldn't see it cos it was laying down and was biting back the panic that someone had nicked it!
Sometimes it takes a winding road to get your head straight.

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: Not enough space
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour