Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Cheap exhaust solution perhaps.  (Read 405 times)

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 09 Versys tourer
  • City / Town: London
Cheap exhaust solution perhaps.
« on: Apr 06, 2019, 04:14 PM »
After being fitted for 5 years now, my old REMUS exhaust was more than a little grubby, so needed to come off for a clean and a polish, didn't want to have the bike off the road; so how cheap can I get something to replace it for the time being?
 I'm sure you've all seen those Chinese clone shorty Akrapovic cans you know £30-40 or so? anyway done some trawling and found an auction for one ending at 4am, set a bid and won it for £18, spent £11 on he longest ER6N link pipe I could find to house the Lambda sensor (also a chinese one), a few longer bolts and spacers and it all fitted on this afternoon, as the extra bolts were from the shed they cost nothing, not a bad result for £29 and an hours work.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: Cheap exhaust solution perhaps.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2019, 05:39 PM »
What does it sound like?  How loud compared to stock (if you remember that) or the Remus?

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2019, 05:48 PM »
 well the Remus has steel plate baffles and is not offensive at all, this one is a bit deeper and a tad louder but it's not one of those " taking the piss"  types, and I doubt my neighbours will notice for now of course it's really a race can with a bolt in baffle, so how long  it stays that way is yet to be seen.

Offline Rictus

• Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2019, 07:07 AM »
used on a few more occasions now; including a 300+ mile day, I'm more than happy, more throaty for sure, but not excessively loud and no change to fuel consumption, may leave it on for now and not rush the cleaning of the remus, I've got the MOT in July so see if it passes, I think it probably will, but I'll stick the remus in the topbox and just fit it if it doesn't.

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 07:11 AM by Rictus »