Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Which  (Read 435 times)

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: Resurrected mk1
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
Which
« on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Just got myself a new pair of Oxford hot grips.
I have a Fuzeblock under the seat that currently just a has a 12v socket attached, so plenty of capacity.
Can't decide whether to fix the hot grips directly to the battery as per the destructions or to feed from the Fuzeblock.
Pros and cons?  :notsure:
The Fuzeblock is fed directly from the battery live with the negative bolted to the underseat earth point, and switched through the number plate light iirc...

Footnote:
I've been on the cusp of getting a new bike for the last few months but just can't decide what and can't bring myself to part with the hard-earned cash and not yet entirely convinced the good lady either. Whatever I do I'm keeping the well-used V anyhows - so I'm trying to keep her in the best fettle, especially after retrieving and resurrecting her last year.

I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: Mk1V650 & Mk2V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
Re: Which
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kawaboy [+]
Just got myself a new pair of Oxford hot grips.
I have a Fuzeblock under the seat that currently just a has a 12v socket attached, so plenty of capacity.
Can't decide whether to fix the hot grips directly to the battery as per the destructions or to feed from the Fuzeblock.
Pros and cons?  :notsure:
The Fuzeblock is fed directly from the battery live with the negative bolted to the underseat earth point, and switched through the number plate light iirc...

Footnote:
I've been on the cusp of getting a new bike for the last few months but just can't decide what and can't bring myself to part with the hard-earned cash and not yet entirely convinced the good lady either. Whatever I do I'm keeping the well-used V anyhows - so I'm trying to keep her in the best fettle, especially after retrieving and resurrecting her last year.
Kawaboy

1. Wire it through the Fuzeblock  :028: , as the voltage sensing Cct on the Oxford products has been known to not work properly  :125:

2. You can never have two many bikes  :celebrate:

Richard  :001:
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 08:42 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001:           

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:02 PM »
+1

not the best controller, and Oxford connections leave a bit to be desired, i put mine through a relay....

Offline TYP

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: '18 Versys 650GT
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Personally I'd always connect via a relay/fuzeblock just to remove the risk of draining your battery if they are inadvertently left on when you leave the bike.

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: Resurrected mk1
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Thanks all   :031:

Fuzeblock it is then I think.
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2019, 02:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYP [+]
Personally I'd always connect via a relay/fuzeblock just to remove the risk of draining your battery if they are inadvertently left on when you leave the bike.

the new oxford ones have a sensing circuit that switches them off to avoid that situation.....but I don't trust it.... :015:

Online kevin..in

• Versys God
  • Bike: versys 650
  • City / Town: stoke
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2019, 06:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wal [+]

the new oxford ones have a sensing circuit that switches them off to avoid that situation.....but I don't trust it.... :015:
used oxford grips for many years never had an issue with them not turning off, so much so that I never switch them off manually now!

Offline Wal

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevin..in [+]
used oxford grips for many years never had an issue with them not turning off, so much so that I never switch them off manually now!

I never had a problem with mine......but I put them through a fuse.....like I said , I don't trust oxford electrics....ymmv