Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Time for a change  (Read 400 times)

Offline Wheelyman

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2019
  • City / Town: BEDALE
Time for a change
« on: May 12, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Traded in an Indian Cheiftain Dark Horse for a 650 Versys on Sat. Indian just feels too heavy now. I had a great ride over from Bedale N Yorks to MCC Orel for the last time, with a little sadness. Then I rode back on the Versys. Despite having to keep the revs down I soon confirmed I’d made the right choice. Sat great on the motorway up to Colne and then on to better roads, culminating on the Lofthouse to Masham road. She felt great all the way and needed far less ‘riding’ than the Indian. ( not surprising as it is less than 2/3 the weight! Looking forward to reaching that 600 mile mark when I can ride her properly.

Offline AnotherTringFellow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Tring Herts.
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You have made a good choice of bike, enjoy.
Previous bikes. Vincent comet. Cotton trails. Bultaco enduro. GPZ500. ZX6R Virago 1100. ZZR600. Versys 650. Mk1 Versys1000.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 09:24 PM »
 :185:  to the forum. The Versys will be a totally different animal compared to the Injun.  But I would guess that it will me a lot more fun.

A perfect start to your Versys ownership would be the NVM meet next Saturday in Hawes. A pleasant bimble around the Dales, followed by an evening gargling with beer., whilst all the while talking shite. The Versys group are a lovely mix of fine human beings :36: :36:

I am just up the road from you, so anything that you need or any information you require, just ask.

Regards   Geoff :152:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 09:25 PM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 11:05 PM »
Welcome Wheelieman.  :031: You will have zero regrets with the bike switch.

You really ought to make the National Versys Meet next week. It is the ride of the year over there in GB. Check the threads on it. You may not yet know what a colorful crew lives on this forum, but they are one, and a chance to meet up like this comes once a year.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Wheelyman

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 2019
  • City / Town: BEDALE
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Thanks for the welcome folks. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make next weekend. My 57th Birthday on Friday, so out with family. An OU tutorial in Salford on Saturday and a 10k run on Sunday. Defo next year though. Are there any local meetups/rideouts in N. Yorks area?

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin
  • City / Town: CONSETT
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 10:24 PM »
Wow lots of newbies around here at the moment,welcome to the forum matey,pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

:031:

Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You have bought a cracking bike in the Versys. Enjoy!

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 06:30 PM »
 :185:
 :96: