Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Photos, Videos and post Ride-out Comments  (Read 7933 times)

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • No longer The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Bike: Bike bereft
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
Re: Photos, Videos and post Ride-out Comments
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 02:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Clunkyboy [+]
Its the road from Ribblehead back to Hawes I would guess, more towards the Hawes end, you are coming round a bend, the road falls away and what you cant see is it falls away again crating nice amounts of air and intresting moments.

That certainly seems right for an "interesting" moment that I had thought caused the number plate breaking but it was a couple of miles before that when Marcus saw it coming apart.

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: F850GS - GL1800
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 05:08 PM »
I have just added a video on Youtube of the ride-past.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline Boggs

• Versys Mega God
  • The Pennine Explorer
  • Bike: Africa Twin
  • City / Town: CONSETT
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Pleased you all enjoyed it fellas,looks spot on and all those twins purring away sound lovely as they went past,much sweeter than the triples........

:whistle:
Previous Stuff:
SUZUKI TS50-KAWASAKI AR80-KAWASAKI KMX125-KAWASAKI ZXR750-YAMAHA R1-CAGIVA NAVAGATOR-HONDA VTR FIRESTORM-Mk2 VERSYS-BENELLI TNT 899-Mk3 VERSYS GT

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: R nine t racer
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Great video clip Dave thanks for posting just had it on TV.
I'm going out on my bike.

Offline TallTex

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000LT
  • City / Town: DFW TX
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Yes indeed, thanks for the ride past! That was great. I recognize a number of the bikes / riders at a glance... from 4500 miles away! :celebrate:

It appears no rider or bike got dinged up in any serious way. Here's to little miracles.  :124:

For a bona fide, card-carrying ditch diver, number plates are a wear item, like tires & brake pads... nothin'...  :008:

Right about the time you all were pulling back into Hawes Saturday evening (it was mid-day here), I was coming across town on my orange V1 with a sack of lawn mower parts I had picked up, thinking about the ride in the Dales.

Who pulls up at a light next to me on a 55mph highway but a middle-aged, crazy-eyed musclebound hairy-backed brute on a blacked out T100 Bonneville, with a shaved head, no helmet, no glasses, no shirt, no gloves, just jeans and boots and Yeti hair on his back under the shaved head.

He looked over at me, in full gear on the Orange Sunshine, and did a double take, like, "what the hell is that?"... while I did a double take on him, thinking the same. The light changed, we both rode away shaking our heads.

To each his own, it's all unknown, when dogs run free. Me, I'm a Versys man... no apologies.  :138:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 10:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]

For a bona fide, card-carrying ditch diver, number plates are a wear item, like tires & brake pads... nothin'...  :008:

The wife doesn't fully understand how it happened and I think she thinks I am lying to hide something :008:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 10:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]
Yes indeed, thanks for the ride past! That was great. I recognize a number of the bikes / riders at a glance... from 4500 miles away! :celebrate:

It appears no rider or bike got dinged up in any serious way. Here's to little miracles.  :124:

Right about the time you all were pulling back into Hawes Saturday evening (it was mid-day here), I was coming across town on my orange V1 with a sack of lawn mower parts I had picked up, thinking about the ride in the Dales.

Who pulls up at a light next to me on a 55mph highway but a middle-aged, crazy-eyed musclebound hairy-backed brute on a blacked out T100 Bonneville, with a shaved head, no helmet, no glasses, no shirt, no gloves, just jeans and boots and Yeti hair on his back under the shaved head.

He looked over at me, in full gear on the Orange Sunshine, and did a double take, like, "what the hell is that?"... while I did a double take on him, thinking the same. The light changed, we both rode away shaking our heads.

To each his own, it's all unknown, when dogs run free. Me, I'm a Versys man... no apologies.  :138:
   Sonny, that short clip, was just above Malham cove, which is a relatively slow and technical part of the morning route. However, as the afternoon session moved closer to the awaiting pubs and eating houses in Hawes, the pace seemed to increase mile on exhilarating mile.

And then, as if by magic it turned into a balls to the wall full on cross between the Isle of Man TT, and the North West 200. The red zone on rev counters became threatened by red needles, and suspension systems were working overtime to keep speeding bikes between the dry stone walls.

To arrive back in Hawes, with the only casualty being a broken number plate was something of a miracle.

But whilst such behaviour was ever so slightly naughty,  it was extremely good fun, and having fun is why we ride bikes, right :question:

All in all a great weekend, with lots of new faces, and many old friends enjoying our shared passion. The weather gods played their part too. The morning session was dry, and after the lunch stop, we did have some rain which lasted for about half an hour,  but then cleared up for most of the afternoon section. 

I'm pretty sure that everyone had a fantastic time, and went home with lots of memories.

My thanks to everyone who joined us, and special mentions to Richard for all the hard work keeping everyone up to date with information and Sat nav (whatever that is) routes, and also my friend  Peter, who spent the whole day playing tail end Charlie . My partner Lyn must also receive some plaudits,  after an excellent stint of bike watching during the Leyburn lunch stop. Lyn also arranged with the local road safety team 95 Alive, for everyone to receive a handy goody bag.

So The NVM event has gone for 2019, lets look forward to our 2020 meet in Ireland.      Thank you everyone.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:58 PM by 100milesaway »
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Hi Geoff just like to thank yourself,Richard,Lyn and Peter for an absolute blinding weekend. That ride back from Ribblehead Viaduct back to Hawes was something special that I'll remember for a long time. Also like to thank all my fellow campers (even the Germans  :007:) for the superb banter all weekend. On the way home Andy (MT 10)and myself rode the opposite route up to Buttertubs and then across to Reeth at a leisurely pace and the scenery was absolutely stunning just as the sun was rising. We keep saying these meets can't get any better but they just seem to do.  Pressure is on young Jay now for next year to match or better this.  :008: The advantage for next year though is we're all staying in Jays tent.  :015: Once again thanks for a great weekend .  :028: WD.

Offline NIVersysOwner

• Versys Pro
  • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
  • Bike: V 650 GT 2018
  • City / Town: Coleraine
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 10:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
To arrive back in Hawes, with the only casualty being a broken number plate was something of a miracle.

May I turn your attention to Marcus...

Jay
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
2019!!!

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 11:25 AM »
That was a problem with his alternator, battery or reg/rec and he had been having issues before hand.